Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know it probably ain't a 6 star dog food but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using this dog food and what it good? bad? okay? Until we get into a house I can't afford a 6 star dog food. The chicken soup was kinda pricy for even me but I just want to know if it is a good food? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Oh I do and I love it!!!

My dogs were on Wellness and the price was getting higher by the week. A 30lb. bag was costing me almost $60..With CSPLS I can get it at $45 for 35lbs....Looking at whats in it, it's not that different from Wellness. The dogs love it. I also mix in some Missing Link and since I started that Zoe's coat is so shiney she looks like she just came out of the bath...LOL

·
Registered
520 Posts
Oh I do and I love it!!!

My dogs were on Wellness and the price was getting higher by the week. A 30lb. bag was costing me almost $60..
Thats insane i just started wellness and its 45 for the 30lb, 28 for the 15lb bag were did u buy it from for that much????

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Here in Raleigh only privately owned pet shops carry it. They are really over priced but if you want the better dog foods thats the only place to get them....Petsmart doesn't carry them. The feed store use to carry some but they stopped with the ones I buy....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just bought some Chicken Soup for the soul, one puppy bag for my new pup and one adult dog bag for the other 3 older dogs. I just bought the 9 lb puppy bag for $8.99 and then the 35 lb bag cost me $33. Also, what is missing link? Is it a dogfood? I get my stuff from feed stores. Do you think a feed store would have it or would it have to be from a pet store? Nevaehs coat is shiny BUT it is rough feeling, lol. I want to change that. Thanks y'all for everything! Man I hope this new dogfood does the trick.

Oh and Roxy, how is ur pups poop? Is it solid and does she go less a day. The dog food I did have my dogs on, there poop was always soft and the pooped like 4-5 times a day at just 3 cups of food a day, and it stinks bad!! How much of it do you feed Roxy? Thanks again.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Here in Raleigh only privately owned pet shops carry it. They are really over priced but if you want the better dog foods thats the only place to get them....Petsmart doesn't carry them. The feed store use to carry some but they stopped with the ones I buy....
yea i know what you mean the only chain pet store around here is petland discounts and they have the worst food and the worst food selection so i go to the mom and pop pet store. They have much better food and huge selection but they still keep the price down like i said $28 for 15lbs of wellness doesnt seem that expensive i was paying the same ammount for pro plan

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
me pet store will order just about any food you sould think of. i have a bag of cns righ next to me but im still debating if im going to switch over or not

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well I just bought some Chicken Soup for the soul, one puppy bag for my new pup and one adult dog bag for the other 3 older dogs. I just bought the 9 lb puppy bag for $8.99 and then the 35 lb bag cost me $33. Also, what is missing link? Is it a dogfood? I get my stuff from feed stores. Do you think a feed store would have it or would it have to be from a pet store? Nevaehs coat is shiny BUT it is rough feeling, lol. I want to change that. Thanks y'all for everything! Man I hope this new dogfood does the trick.
missing link is a powder supplement. i used it with chyna when i frst "rescued" her to get some meat on her bones and shine to her coat. its really good! u can get it at petsmart/petco. u put in like a teaspoon a day or somthine. chyna loved it and her coat is really sleek and shiny. also, a nice comb thru once a week will help nevaehs oils run thru her coat and make it less coarse. kenya has a coarse coat as well... but shes a doofus lmao.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts

Oh and Roxy, how is ur pups poop? Is it solid and does she go less a day. The dog food I did have my dogs on, there poop was always soft and the pooped like 4-5 times a day at just 3 cups of food a day, and it stinks bad!! How much of it do you feed Roxy? Thanks again.
I feed Zoe about 3 cups a day and 2 tbs of missing link per day....she poops twice a day and they come out nice and firm...not to firm though. With Wellness they came out so hard they were like bricks...lol. The smell is not bad at all..

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just bought a bag this weekend for my older little dogs, so far they seem to like it. It cost me 36.00 for a 35 lb bag. I have noticed that Baxter is only pooping 1 maybe two times a day instead of 4-6 times and it seems harder. Jasmine was only eating a few bites every 4-5 days of the other stuff and now she eats every time I offer her food. I have only used this food for 2 days so I have not noticed much changes in their coats yet.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome, thanks for all the information y'all! When we get paid this Friday I am gonna try and pick up some Missing Link and see how that straightens out her coat. Thanks again!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts