Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres a bloodline section but theres more views here and I don't have a question about the bloodline just wondering if anyone has any pitbulls with the chinaman bloodline. I have a chinaman but have not seen any others just curious to see how they look. Thanks, Nick

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
shadyridgekennels said:
Miss Rage

Yours looks like she has more chinaman than mine. Mine has some big names in her lineage, I think that Tombstone is the more dominant outta the bunch. Still I love Chinaman, he was a great dog.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chinaman

i am picking up a 50% chinaman 50% razors edge tomorrow. he is about 7 wks old and is all white with a couple tan patches on his ears and eye. will post pictures of him with mischief tomorrow when i get him home a cleaned up and what not. and for those who dont know mischief is 50% jeep and 50% gotti. will be posting pictures like crazy hahaha. oh and i will even throw in some pictures of my fiance's husky i just got him.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Topsecret... Don't read my tone the wrong way here. But please tell me you aren't paying an arm and a leg for these dogs. We will love your dogs the way we'd love anyother, but we frown on breeders crossing bully line with great APBT lines like Jeep and Chinaman. Nothing wrong with the dogs them selves. We just have a hard time understanding why a person would want to take some really good genes and dilute tem with a different breeds blood. Is it for the name? These are all big names, just not matching dogs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my dogs

hahaha no i am not paying an arm and a leg for these babies. i only paid 50 for Mischief and i am getting Trouble for free. i am sorry you look down on my crosses i am getting and i kinda understand why you do but at the same time has anyone really thought about it, if we are trying to better the reputation of the bully breed in general and crossing brings out the better of a certain trait like personality, disposition, structure, ability to work, ability to deal with and love children, then isnt that whats really important? i mean lets think about this, people like me not only love the breed but want to help out in many ways and if crossing a few lines here and there is what it takes to get the point across to the world that pit bulls or any bully for that matter that they are trying to ban with this BSL are great dogs then so be it i will take it crossed or not. i am not really understanding why some people and please dont take offense but some people are critisising me for my crosses but at the same time what if these crosses came from a true kennel breeder that you all liked, then you would critisize you would welcome with open arms. i was talking to MY MIKADO about how these kennels are making a pit that is called "new blood" and everyone is liking the idea but if someone like me who hasnt fully gotten established yet but is in the process does talk about doing something like that then i am hated on again not just pointing this at you just stating the facts ok lol. i am lost in this all and thats why i had talked about leaving. most people on here want to jump me and ask questions later and the thing is if you all would listen to me and ask me questions, as you did, then you will see that i am only here for the pit and all bullys for that matter. i am here to help stop bsl all over the world and help the rep of these poor babies get better. i plan to take my babies to schools and teach the kids that pits are great dogs and not fighters and what not, my babies will be health and temperment certified, i am gonna try to start a local pit group here in my state so as to help the pits and show people that pits are actually better dogs than most of you dogs that are considered "family" dogs. i also plan to train my babies in weight pullin and other agility type competitions. i plan to back myself 110% wth orwithout the support of others and i really mean that and then when i am diong great things for these babies everyone who doubted me will look back and be like "damn, shoul have got to know her instead of just hating on here thinking she didnt know shit". i joined this group in hopes to learn much more than i have already learned and to help better myself for my journey. so its no big deal if you agree or not but i will show all. thank you and no offense.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
topsecret0626 said:
i am picking up a 50% chinaman 50% razors edge tomorrow. he is about 7 wks old and is all white with a couple tan patches on his ears and eye. will post pictures of him with mischief tomorrow when i get him home a cleaned up and what not. and for those who dont know mischief is 50% jeep and 50% gotti. will be posting pictures like crazy hahaha. oh and i will even throw in some pictures of my fiance's husky i just got him.
Do you or will you have pedigrees for the dog?
The reason for the question is alot of byb's just throw names around to make the dogs sound special,jeep,alligator,rednose,chinaman,gotti,razors edge,
these are in fact bloodlines,but some have more incommon than other's,and all of these names get thrown around quite a bit,weather the dogs actually are what the individual says is another tory altogether.either way,good luck....
this is the actuall dog"chinaman"a scrapy,"little" dog

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Agreeing with Cane as usual... Hey, I wasn't trying to attack you, just making conversation. We have nothing against you or your dogs. We're just stating facts and opinions to gain a better understanding. As far as crossing in order to better the breed, this is not how you go about it. By taking ch bred dogs with perfect temperaments and breeding in the same area. By crossing you not actually bettering the breed because the result will be animals that are not of the same breed. I happen to like Gotti(the original), R.E., Jeep, and China man. But you have to understand that Gotti and R.E. are AmBully not pit. Nothing wrong with them but why cross them with great pit lines? Say you are relly into rotties, but they have a bad rep, would you agree that it's okay to cross them with Mastiff to better the breed? We can better the APBT rep by promoting responsible ownership and pressing harder on back yard breeders. You will find that titled pits never make the news. Again, please don't read my tone the wrong way here, I just find this to be stimulating conversation. We don't bash individual dogs here as well, just the breeder who thought they'd do something clever by adding to the extinctionand/ or bad rep of the breed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
reddoggy said:
Yours looks like she has more chinaman than mine. Mine has some big names in her lineage, I think that Tombstone is the more dominant outta the bunch. Still I love Chinaman, he was a great dog.
yup she is a heavy chinaman bitch.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
not taking you the wrong way

i understand where you are coming from i really do and again i dont take anything you are saying wrong. i am mainly getting the pits i am getting to be my other children. if i ever did breed them then so be it but again i really just want them as my babies. my kids love the pups and thats al that really matters. i know what you are saying about back yard breeders and if thats how you all classify me its fine ok. i havent bread yet and will be a long time before i ever did. i plan to have blood work done on both dogs just to see just where they stand as far as blood line and what not. i dont think i can trust the word from the people i get them from but then again i could be wrong. both the pits i got came from accidental breeding. Mischiefs parents are as follows: mommy=100% Jeep going back 4 generations on paper. father=100% Gotti going back 6 generations on paper. i cant really argue with paper now can i hahahahahaha. Troubles parents are as follows: daddy=100% Razors edge with 6 generations on paper. mommy=100% Chinaman going 5 generations on paper. again cant really argue with the facts now can i hahahahahahaha. still want blood work done and will get it. what i want to know is, are all of you against them being bread for real? i mean if those are strong lines just a lil messed up on the crossing would i be wrong if i bread them later on? please dont get mad for me asking but i want to know. i think the pups would be great and given i would put them on contracts with strict outline stating that if there was ever an issue they need to be brought back and that as long as the pup is owned you must keep in close contact with pictures? believe me when i say i only wat the best for my pits and if to breed it would just be to bring out the best in them and not to just make money i really really mean that.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Topsecret, so you realize how many generations you'd have to breed those dogs in order to get any kind of consistency? You're talking about adding the game blood to improve the traits of the bully, but you know what's likely to happen? If you bred those two dogs, you'd get probably half gamebred dogs and half bullies. It would take years for you to see the benefit to crossing two types of dogs that are totally different. And you'd have to keep most of the puppies yourself, so you can monitor the results and make sure they aren't bred to something you don't want in your program. And since you're only planning on maybe breeding sometimes, you'd really be better off leaving it alone.

Anyway. I've stated the reasons against casual breeding ad nauseum. You're going to have to work through it on your own, I understand, but hopefully if there's anyone else reading this and considering doing something similar, they'll get some benefit out of what I say. :)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
topsecret0626 said:
what i want to know is, are all of you against them being bread for real? i mean if those are strong lines just a lil messed up on the crossing would i be wrong if i bread them later on? please dont get mad for me asking but i want to know.
Am i against it?
I believe that the majority of the apbt community will be against your breeding as well as society in general so your not gonna find to much love in either, you may want to do some research and establish some goals and plans that do more than mearly scratch the surface before deciding this is what you want to do,then again if you just want to throw two dogs together,and dont give a [email protected]!# what happens to them or what people are gonna think,thats a whole diffrent story.and im not saying thats what you want to do........
1 question,why pitbulls,why not labs,golden retrievers or some other breed?
and 1 thing to consider,the breeding of a bully and a game dog is kinda like breeding together two diffrent breeds,,the litter may lack some consistancy
of uniformed type and temperment...

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
No offense, but breeding APBT blood into bully blood only creates a mutt. It MAY improve the bully in them, but it only ruins the APBT in them. The pups you have or are getting should have never been bred in the first place but they are here now so if you love them that's all that matters. That and sterilization. I hope you understand what I am trying to get across here. You sound like someone who really loves dogs. Again, no offense intended. I'm just simply not as articulate as other members. :cheers:

Reactions: cane76

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pics, all the dogs look really good. I have always wanted to see other chinaman pitbulls but never got the chance. I bought my dog in new hampshire and the guy told me she was a chinaman and I have papers for her. Heres some pics of her I have to get better ones because her ears look funny in the newer pic.

recent

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it was nottingham not sure would have to check her papers but I am from mass why do you know the breeder or something

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not sure her pedigree I know her bloodline is chinaman but I am kinda new to this but I got a paper with her like certificate and the breeder told me to send it out to get her 7 year pedigree. I am guessing I have to do that before I can find out. O and what is OFRN/clouse ? again sorry but I am new at this so I am hoping to learn a lot from being on this forum

and thanks for the complimant on her I will get some new pics soon and your dog looks good as well.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts