Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was taken 10/27/09 on jaime's phone, and Ive been meaning to get it from there, but could only get a link.. I don't have Quicktime Pro so I couldnt save this as a file to put on youtube....

Alltel My Pics -

thanks for watching!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... Yeah the quality is awful and its tiny, but I just wanted to post it for Sara from Tablerock Harnesses, just to show her that we got that thing nice and dirty from the first day we had it! LOL

He's been training with no weight added for about a month, just trying different terrains and letting him go the distance at a low weight. He's already telling me he's ready for a bit more, but we're making sure the foundation is set nice and strong.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I am ordering mine next month! Can't wait! Looks super fun!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Awe man! I can't see the video!!!

I could really use some help with this people and if someone can figure out how to download it and send it to me I would be very appreciative!!!!

I am glad you are enjoying the sled! I am not sure what training method you are working with, but long distances with low weights are awesome to "Build the Mind and allow the Body to Follow". Track training can be hard on dogs and frustrating on humans if the dogs are not ready.

Take care and enjoy!!!

- Sara

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am ordering mine next month! Can't wait! Looks super fun!
It is super fun, he gets stoked every time we pull out his harness or the sled!

ooooo looks fantastic!!! i want one </3 but im broke as of now :D sooon!
Theyre worth every penny, and as soon as your dogs know you have it they won't leave you alone!

So im guessing you really like and obviously Chino does lol
I cant see the vid ... :(
I love it! For one it's another activity that Chino and I can do together, and he loves it, so everyone wins! Plus he's enjoying pulling, and we will build him up to where he needs to be gradually, and mostly all done with drag weights

Awe man! I can't see the video!!!

I could really use some help with this people and if someone can figure out how to download it and send it to me I would be very appreciative!!!!

I am glad you are enjoying the sled! I am not sure what training method you are working with, but long distances with low weights are awesome to "Build the Mind and allow the Body to Follow". Track training can be hard on dogs and frustrating on humans if the dogs are not ready.

Take care and enjoy!!!

- Sara
I am actually trying to get Chino used to the track. I have him do a standing stay at one end of the track, with his harness on, and I use the work command, and praise like crazy when he gets to me. He hasn't "fouled" out but one or two times, and I am just getting him used to him being at the other end of the 16 ft.

We're doing this indoors for now until the track is placed in the back and set into the ground (but i manage retail and week is hectic). But my main focus is not the track( for now it is like you said the mental preparation, getting him used to pulling drag weights), as long as he understands coming to me when I command, because we use the "work" command when he is going long distances as well. I don't plan on using the track for anything but preparation for events, and of course just getting them accustomed to the track.. I also say "head down" and hopefully this helps with keeping him from lunging once we get to heavier weight. But since we are slowly working him up in weight, we are hoping to make it like routine to him. We are working on the mental aspect, and slowly gearing towards mental/physical work. All in time :D

That should work, here is a perma link for you also
b61850e47d9c.flv video by krazokevin - Photobucket
I wont delete the vid off my photobucket ever so you should have that link active with the vid forever.
Hahaha the quality SUCKS! But thank you for posting it up, I don't have quicktime pro so I couldnt format it. :clap:

GREAT!!!!!! Have fun!
We've had a blast this far, and its only the beginning! Thanks!

looks like fun
It is bro Im gonna try and get better quality vids to show some more training... it'd be great to have more vids in the training sections!

How's Rex doing with his??

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
That is awesome! I was finally able to view the video and must say...I can't tell the drag sled is dirty at all!!!! LOL

The other cool thing about drag sled training is that you can do it, 'on leash' mind you, in a public area such as a park and use it as a public education tool. People start to crowd around when we roll into the park with our truck (Tablerock Harnesses logo in the window), 4 byrth dog trailer (Tablerock Harnesses logo on the back side and dog stickers on the front side), and start working each dog out in the soccer fields and near the playgrounds!

Again, have fun!!!!!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i just found out there's a pretty large field in my neighborhood that gets mowed all the time, so I am not too worried about thorns, etc. I might start taking him there every other session so that the neigborhood can see what it means to work your dog lol

and as far as the sled goes, the paint has come off just on the bottom (the sled part, aint no surprise lol) you just can't see that unless you pick it up! But then again we wipe it down because 60 or 600 dollars spent, it will be a valuable tool for as long as we can keep it in good condition!

oh and im thinking of where to put that sticker still LOL.... maybe when WE get a big ol trailer LOL

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
The best care you can give your sled is to keep it clean and dry when you are not using it. Everyonce in awhile give it a once over with spray paint in the 'bare' spots to make sure moisture does not create any rust spots. THAT BEING SAID...our drag sleds are constructed of Stainless Pipe which should NOT rust except where the welds are and those are easily cared for as above!

If you want a big 'ol Tablerock Harnesses Sticker I've got one for you! I cut my truck sticker the wrong size and I am just waiting for someone to say they want to be my main advertiser somewhere else!!! *LOL* j/k

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The best care you can give your sled is to keep it clean and dry when you are not using it. Everyonce in awhile give it a once over with spray paint in the 'bare' spots to make sure moisture does not create any rust spots. THAT BEING SAID...our drag sleds are constructed of Stainless Pipe which should NOT rust except where the welds are and those are easily cared for as above!

If you want a big 'ol Tablerock Harnesses Sticker I've got one for you! I cut my truck sticker the wrong size and I am just waiting for someone to say they want to be my main advertiser somewhere else!!! *LOL* j/k
Well hopefully you get someone rockin that logo soon! but yeah we take care of this thing.. his harness too, no reason to have to replace something until it just dont work no more hahahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.