Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need some SERIOUS work with this boy, but overall he did great! This was his first pull, and he was very excited. He kept wanting to go play with the other dogs :hammer: and his focus was a little off, as you can tell in a couple of the pictures. We entered him as a novice, so he could have 4 pulls. He pulled the weight, but he walked off the track because he was distracted LOL.

We had a blast, and I will post up the other dogs when I get more time.. In the meantime, enjoy Chino @ Sooner Kennels and The Okie Bulldog Bash!

Here's the charming lil son of a gun...

And a couple shots of us @ Sooner Kennels in Ardmore!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!! hes only been on a track ONCE and he was barely 8 months... so now we have to put him on our track at home, and DEFINITELY work on distractions.. LOL

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Hes matured so nice!!!! I am so proud of him! I didn't know he was old enough to pull yet, show how much attention I pay lmao. I am glad he did so well and keep up the work with him :)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
OH WOW GO CHINO!!!! For his first pull he did A LOT!!!! What has he been doing at home as far as training? Gosh he is such a good looking boy!!!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone! this little guy snored the whole way home LOL

He's been drag sledding since 8 months, we had him at 40 lbs dragging, but we're gonna start taking it up about 10 lbs a week until we get to 60-70 lbs and stop there for a while.

i built him a track but weather has been sheisty and i havent been able to level the yard with my back.. BUT im gonna stop bsin' and put it down for him, so we can get some track work. I dont think he will be competing in king of the rails but maybe in stonewall. he finished the pulls, but he came off the track a lot LMAO

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
nice.. try holding a treat in front of him next time.. it'll keep him focused forward and he'll try harder

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
AWSOME!!!!,, Major congrats. Dont worry the focus will come, Keep up the good work.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AWSOME!!!!,, Major congrats. Dont worry the focus will come, Keep up the good work.
dude that means a lot... he kept sniffin the track LOL i guess he thought he was gonna get some!

man there was at least 45 dogs there!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice.. try holding a treat in front of him next time.. it'll keep him focused forward and he'll try harder
you cant lure with food... trust me if i had a stick or a treat he woulda titled LMAO

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Baited dogs don't work as hard IMO either. They tend to work for the treat or bait rather than because it whats they love to do.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
he always gets a rubdown and a nice snack after his training tho... and he loves it, but with 45 dogs, some about to be in heat, and all the spectators.. well he was like a kid in a toy store!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Like OFK said his focus will come. I wouldn't worry about it at all :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts