Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Tuesday, Chyna FINALLY got spayed. (it was free so i wont complain) apparently it was national spay day, and i got her fixed for free, along with all her shots, and microchipped :) imso happy for her. i will be taking her to the vet as soon as she is all healed up to run test to make sure her health is up to par

now.... she was spayed on tuesday, and of course all drugged up and didnt want to do anything once she came home. wed was a little better but still not her playful self. but yesterday i was flirting with kenya (lol) and chyna came running out and was flying across the yard to play.... should i let herplay? i mean, she seems not to be in ANY PAIN and still wants her belly rubs... she was diggin in the yard and goofing off tuggin on the rope with kenya.....the vet said no wrestling or rough play until abouta week later, but she was really eager to flirt....

whats ur guys take on this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
You should keep her as calm as possible for at least a week.

Tess was right back to herself the next day, but the info. they sent me home with said to keep her calm for a week.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I agree CoolHand, keep her cool for the minimum that the vet said. Her attitude and drive may be back to normal, but her healing may not be, and the last thing you want is for it to rupture open from her activity.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I was told 8-10 days to heal after a spay but it was hard with Maggie. She likes to play real rough with Sugar Ray so I let them go at it after about 4 days. She developed a huge lump where her incision was so I had to put a stop to the hard play. It took almost 3 1/2 weeks for it to clear up.

Also start keeping your eye on her weight. After getting fixed their hormones change up and most females seem to start putting on weight. Obviously it is not an overnight thing but within the next 4-6 weeks you should start noticing a change.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
wow, cool a national spay day i wish we had one of those here. this doesnt really answer ur question but it seems you already have it answered haha

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Yeah my vet said I couldn't even let Zoe in backyard alone for a week. All outside time had to be on a leash so she did not mess up her stitches...

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Did she get stitches or was she glued? I know Maggie was stitched internally and got the surgical glue and that was partly the reason she developed the seroma. The more active she became the larger the bump.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup same her... chyan got the glue outside and stitched inside.

cool thanx for the info guys, i will be sure to tone it down and keep her relaxed. i dont let them wrestle becuz kenya is WAY too rough sometimes, but i ahve been lettin them dig together and the flirt pole the other night. ill be sure to quit with that hahah.... chyan is low key so it will bbe easy to keep her relaxed...

thnx guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts