Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i was walking Chyna (my landlords dog that i basically adopted) and my bf was walking beside me with Kenya. Well Chyna has an obsession for black cats. And last night she was on the prowl! She was pulling the ENTIRE WAY! anyway, she normally is really good but i figured she would calm down after a block or so.... AND SHE DID!

now the way our neighborhood is the curbs are smooth and kinda resemble a speed bump. but on the corners of the blocks, they are regular curbs. well we were all trying to fit on the sidewalk together (bad idea lol) and well, Chyna seen a cat and jumped up and it just so happened that she did this RIGHT AT A CORNER and my foot landed on teh regular curb. I fell in the street, and landed DEAD ON my bad knee. My bf grabbed chyna and calmed her down. Kenya was freaking out (hahah now that i think about it it was kinda cute) but MAN OH MAN! i was in some pain! so, my ankle is bruised and it hurts to walk, and my knee is seriously hurting. i ahve a doc appt tonight, but im pretty sure ill be ok...

damn dog.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
HOly Crap! lol, They're strong little buggers when they want to be. I've been pulled into cars, side of buildings and into my sliding glass door a few times.

Hope you're okay!

3,968 Posts
ouchi that doesn't sound like fun! maybe you guys should get a head haltie or something GREAT control over dogs and is a self correcting device it pretty much works the same way a horse back rider steers the horse only you don't have to steer anything you just go with the flow and every time the dog gets ahead the head halter turn the dog back around. it takes some time for some dogs to get used to having it on but it is great for thingsl ike that!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
lol I use pinch collars now, but Tank is part mastiff and has a jowly neck, sometimes he call pull on that thing a little harder than I'm expecting, He's pretty good most of the time though.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried those frindly leaders, and chyna HATED IT. i did it for about 2 weeks, and she would just not walk. so i knew she wasnt having a good time. she is a real frightened dog. she gets scared or anxious with ALOT of things. i mean if the door slams she runs and hides. so im trying to work with her as far as gettin her to relax and be more compfortable with eeryday things. the gentle leader though is a no go, she usuallt does really well, but man yesterdy she saw that DAMN CAT and just pulled and i was just chatting away and walking like a dummy... partly my fault. i wish i could get her to stop "wanting" the cats, but i dont know how to correct that behavior

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
OMGoodness! hope your ok! keep us posted!

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Oh yeah welcome to the club sadie has pulled me down a flight of stairs on my a** no joke. I have been there I feel your pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts