Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cincinnati, OH: Opportunity to repeal breed ban

Posted on May 19, 2011 by stopbslcom| 1 Comment
In Cincinnati, OH, vicious dog laws seem to be constantly changing, and consequently have been a source of confusion for visitors and residents alike. The city had a ban on pit bulls for years, then repealed it for a while, then put the ban back in place, then made it even more strict. Even during the time that the ban was repealed, pit bulls were still considered "vicious dogs" due to Ohio's state law, so ownership was tightly restricted.
A council committee will now consider a proposed ordinance that would remove the breed-specific language from Cincinnati's dog laws. Although I have not read the text of the proposal, I expect it still has restrictions on vicious dogs, and as such, "pit bulls" will still be restricted as vicious dogs in Cincinnati until Ohio's state law is finally changed. But this is nevertheless a step forward, and residents are encouraged to attend the meeting below to show support for the repeal of BSL. I will post additional details and issue a reminder as we get closer to the date.
Thanks to Jodi, Jean, and Dawn for getting the word out about this potential repeal.On Monday, May 16th, Cleveland Councilman Matt Zone introduced an ordinance that will repeal Cleveland's breed specific vicious dog law. It has been referred to the Safety Committee where it will be heard on June 1st. Councilman Zone asked for a big turn out to the committee meeting, so those that live in the area please consider attending. The meeting will be at:
Cleveland City Hall
601 Lakeside Ave. Rm 217
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
June 1, 10:00 am

A big THANK YOU to Jean Keating of the Ohio Coalition of Dog Advocates for her hard work and expert input in helping Councilman Zone and Chief Animal Control Officer Baird put a sound breed neutral law together!
We are through step one, now we just need to get it out of the Safety Committee!

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cleveland, OH: Opportunity to repeal BSL

Cleveland, OH: Opportunity to repeal BSL

Posted on May 19, 2011 by stopbslcom| 5 Comments
Cleveland, OH, will consider a repeal of their breed-specific laws on June 1. Although I have not read the text of the proposal, I expect it still has restrictions on vicious dogs, and as such, "pit bulls" will still be restricted as vicious dogs in Cleveland until Ohio's state law is finally changed. But this is nevertheless a step forward, and residents are encouraged to attend the meeting below to show support for the repeal of BSL. I will post additional details and issue a reminder as we get closer to the date.
Thanks to Jodi, Jean, and Dawn for getting the word out about this potential repeal.On Monday, May 16th, Cleveland Councilman Matt Zone introduced an ordinance that will repeal Cleveland's breed specific vicious dog law. It has been referred to the Safety Committee where it will be heard on June 1st. Councilman Zone asked for a big turn out to the committee meeting, so those that live in the area please consider attending. The meeting will be at:
Cleveland City Hall
601 Lakeside Ave. Rm 217
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
June 1, 10:00 am

A big THANK YOU to Jean Keating of the Ohio Coalition of Dog Advocates for her hard work and expert input in helping Councilman Zone and Chief Animal Control Officer Baird put a sound breed neutral law together!
We are through step one, now we just need to get it out of the Safety Committee!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts