Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I googled and searched for some info after noticing lily has clear mucousy discharge around her vaginal area...but haven't found anything that doesn't either mention smegma or infection. I don't think its either one because both of those seem to have a grey or white or some color to them and she doesn't have any sort of smell. I don't think its her first heat because she isn't swollen or anything and she seems too young... is it just normal for females to sometimes have discharge? Is it hormonal? Or should I take her to the vet? :/ nothing else about her is different except that I noticed this...she doesn't even know its there from what I can tell. Thank you for any info provided..

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
how much? like a couple drops or like alot?

·
Registered
151 Posts
my dog (the mother) has had this problem. My vet told me she has a vaginal infection and gave me antibiotice that did not work.. only way to fix it is get her fixed which i could not do at the time. Just get her fixed man lol. if its alot you need to do a vet visit. normally it only gets work. correct the problem now. i learned the hard way....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not much just like outlining her area a little... its not dripping or anything... so probably yeah a few drops... its not coming out its just staying on the outline of it if that makes sense? And she has an appointment to get spayed on june 11th.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i am thinking it is a minor infection, if its white and only a little it shouldnt be too serious yet. I wouldnt worry about it untill she gets spayed.. i am glad its soon!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not white though...its clear....its like sticky water @[email protected] or spit... and all the sites said infections have a smell...idk she eats a lot of yogurt lol so I figured she would be in balance...

·
Registered
151 Posts
im not sure, it might go away, if it was me i wouldnt worry about it yet. best thing you could do though is just call your vet and ask

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
could it just be a bit wet from when she goes pee? Is it constantly there ?I have seen some of the girls occassionally have a drop or something after wards lol , but its never dripping like you said if there isnt an odor and its clear I wouldnt worry to much about it , maybe bring it up to the vet next tie your in or if it gets worse { smells, more volume or if she seems bothered by it , like keeps turning around to clean it }

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its definitely not pee... and Leo keeps sniffing it. I guess if its still there in 2 days ill take her to the vet...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Iv heard of dogs comming into heat at 6 months , luna was in heat at 7 months so very well could be the start at least in the next few weeks, keep an eye on her for any swelling. could always just call the vet and ask over the phone if they thought it neded to be seen.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
My females usually go into heat between 6-8 months of age. However, Starlit started her heat cycles at about 5 1/2 months. I also know people whose dogs started when they were over a year. When they begin depends on the individual dog.

She could possibly have vaginitis. I'd just keep an eye on her and it it gets worse or she has changes in urination or behavior get her in to the vet. Also, a call to the vet to ask questions wouldn't hurt at any point.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Its not white though...its clear....its like sticky water @[email protected] or spit... and all the sites said infections have a smell...idk she eats a lot of yogurt lol so I figured she would be in balance...
My girl just came into her first heat and I saw a bit of clear discharge at one point like you describe but her vulva was swollen by that point. Is your girls vulva swollen looking at all? That's when you know she is in the process of coming into season.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
my dog (the mother) has had this problem. My vet told me she has a vaginal infection and gave me antibiotice that did not work.. only way to fix it is get her fixed which i could not do at the time. Just get her fixed man lol. if its alot you need to do a vet visit. normally it only gets work. correct the problem now. i learned the hard way....
Your vet is talking about vaginitis and that is incorrect information that the only way to get rid of it is to spay them. If you vet told you that find a new vet! I have had plenty of females have vaginitis and actually most will out grow it with no treatment. It is not always so bad it needs treatment many times with time it resolves on it's own.

Its not much just like outlining her area a little... its not dripping or anything... so probably yeah a few drops... its not coming out its just staying on the outline of it if that makes sense? And she has an appointment to get spayed on june 11th.
I wish you would reconsider waiting to get her spayed for health reasons but there are many threads about that and I do not want to highjack this one.

It is most likely just discharge that is harmless. Some bitches will have discharge from time to time and it could be related to her body getting ready to come into season. It could also be vaginitis but normally you will see like a greenish discharge. If it does not smell and is just a Little bit I would just keep an eye on it but not worry. Just like human females, some have discharge that is perfectly normal.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I wish you would reconsider waiting to get her spayed for health reasons but there are many threads about that and I do not want to highjack this one.
I have mentioned that in another thread of rocks before but for some reason she ain't hearing it. After what happened to her male Leo I would wait until she is at least a year old to spay her. Oh well......

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Unfortunately many people are brain washed by the media ;) and the vets who say it is better to S/N early. I would wait and let the dog grow up, it really pisses me off because there are so many vets who give out false info! Like the in this thread where they said the only way to get rid of vaginitis is to spay the bitch...... ARG stupid vets many are no better than used car sales men because they are commission paid! lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts