Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you click train a dog that is so excited about food?

Kaeli is so excited about treats, she more focused on my hand/treat bag then focusing on the task. Even when I get her to "sit" she is moving so much that she rotates, while sitting. Also how to I get.her to.understand that you don't get up from a.command until I release you? She gets up as soon as she Is rewarded for doing the command.

Kaeli is naturally a dog that doesn't sit still. I exercise her for 2 hours a day (that doesn't include fetch/bonding play time) and I still can't tire her out. It's like I have a pup on speed.... kaeli is a red nose pit mix.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
How do you click train a dog that is so excited about food?

Kaeli is so excited about treats, she more focused on my hand/treat bag then focusing on the task. Even when I get her to "sit" she is moving so much that she rotates, while sitting. Also how to I get.her to.understand that you don't get up from a.command until I release you? She gets up as soon as she Is rewarded for doing the command.

Kaeli is naturally a dog that doesn't sit still. I exercise her for 2 hours a day (that doesn't include fetch/bonding play time) and I still can't tire her out. It's like I have a pup on speed.... kaeli is a red nose pit mix.

If I want mine to stay sitting I put them in a sit wait. They know "your butt doesn't move until I say ok." I taught that starting at meal times.

As for clicker training you have to "load" the clicker. Click treat click treat click treat. Associate the click with something good. You have to load it for a while then begin a simple command train. I always start with sit. Lap 3 of mine caught on quick and they are all highly food motivated. Our puppy can't sit still either. I always say he has add lol. But when that clicker comes out he is still as a tree.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts