Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kinda curious about color and the adba as far as conformation goes.If you have a dog who is blue and conforms to the standard would color matter?Do you think it would hinder their chances of winning?I know how alot of people feel about the color blue.Would that spill over into the showring?Any thoughts or responses are appreciated!:)

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I have heard from many that blue dogs in the ADBA have to work harder to CH out and are passed over because of their color. I am sure if you have old timers judging these shows it's not hard to understand why they would pass a blue dog over since none of them ever matched a blue dog let alone saw one in a litter. Every judge is going to be different you may have some who do not hold a dogs color against it but I am sure some of them would place a red or black dog over a blue dog even if the blue dog had better conformation just because of the dog being blue.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I think it really depends on the judge.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Same with cropped ears, eh Holly?
:rofl::goodpost: True Dat! I am waiting to see him again and I am takin Faith. See if a Blue dog with ears gets me anywhere!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I have showed a few blue dogs in the ADBA and yes they are bias on color! I have had judges tell me that they are great dogs too bad they are blue. Then you have the judges that will judge fairly and according the the breed standard. There were some judges I knew I was screwed when I showed under them. Monsoon is only 9 pts away from his CH and Siren CH at the last show I was at, he has shown as much as her and is right behind in CH. I did not travel a lot but it did take some time to finish. If you have a good dog who does not have a lot of faults but is blue yes you will have a harder time than another color. If you have a blue dog with some faults or any major ones..... it might be REALLY hard.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
I think it really depends on the judge.
i agree with holly :D i was actually at a GA show one year with Cali and there was this little blue female that was tighter than a banjo string up against her... well needless to say i was waitin for the judge to hand the 1st over to the blue dog when he gave it too Cali... kinda a bummer for someone to work that hard with one for nothing.. but then again im sure there's a judge out there thats in love with blue dogs :-/

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
blue berry interesting...

I never knew that judges can be so biased...even if the "standard" does not fault blue.

wow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts