Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
When you breed two mutts without a pedigree, it's impossible to tell exactly what will come out. You have to be able to see what was down the line to know what color genes made it into the pool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you breed two mutts without a pedigree, it's impossible to tell exactly what will come out. You have to be able to see what was down the line to know what color genes made it into the pool.
I've had their dna test they aren't mutts they are full American staffs just from two different lines but I get what you are saying

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Unfortunately those DNA tests aren't always accurate and without a pedigree you don't really know what your dog is. Wisdom panel only shows AKC breeds so American Bullies, APBT, and AmStaff all show as AmStaff. You can call it what you want, but you still don't know what you have without a pedigree. You're simply breeding to breed and not better the breed. Basically adding more non papered and non health tested dogs to the world. A reputable breeder doesn't care about color and only breeds exceptional representatives of the breed to better the breed. Conformation and ability having been tried and tested. A pedigree showing the lines of tried and tested dogs.

Also, why would you put your pets through the trauma of breeding, much less whelping? It takes huge toll on the dogs body. Pyometria and cancer, among other things that can pop up breeding dogs whose familial history you know nothing about. Pets are pets for a reason.

I'm done on my soap box now, I just hope you learned a little here, def use the search bar to get more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts