Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance and I had been discussing adding a new member to the family and after some consideration we did. Long story short, we live in DE and had come across an ad in the local paper of a "breeder" selling Blue Razor's Edge puppies with the promise of papers and so forth. I have another pitty male that Ive had for 8 years. Being that my dogs are family and we are not in any show or breeding rings I have never been one to care for papers, just companions.

We contacted him and started the buying process of Sky. Before making a choice we asked a few other pit owners that we knew in the community and were assured that not only was this guy a "good" dog owner but that he has quality dogs that are purchased from multiple different quality breeders and what have you. Being that this is a family pet, my main concern was that she was healthy, not from a byb that fights dogs- since that seems to be an issue here in DE and that I was not getting an poorly bred puppy.

We went to his house, saw his multiple dogs and fell in love with sky. Prior to paying for her this "breeder" apparently had an extra male set of UKC papers and not hers. He lowered the price on her substantially and promised us our papers. Well I have yet to receive my papers and every two weeks am given another "story" as to what went wrong.

It gets worse.....

We took sky to the vet, she was infested with parasites. He supposedly had taken the liter to the vet which happens to be my same vet and has been for 7 years. They have no record of him bringing any dogs to them except for a single puppy out of a liter he had a year ago. The puppy was 3 weeks old and the mother apparently refused it. According to him, there were more pups than the mother could handle. According to the vet the puppy was infested with parasites as sky was. He wanted the dog euthanized. My vet refused to do it and had him sign the dog over. He claimed he would give them papers as well and never did, bragged about how rare blue's are and that she could get at least 1500 for him if he lived. According to the vet, he is taking puppies away from the mother entirely too early as an attempt to cycle the female again. It took weeks to clear that pup and Griffin now has a great home.

This has been the issue with sky, we are now on our second week of meds and also have nero on meds as well.

Apparently there have been other people that have purchased dogs and happened to be clients of my vet and have had similar issues. The doctor at the vet has called animal control 3 different times and nothing has happened. (Animal control in our state is horrible) :hammer:

After doing some asking around there are multiple horror stories about him....

My question is what can I do if anything to get my papers from UKC?

Beyond that, I know in our county if you own more than 4 dogs you must maintain a kennel license and I have a feeling he does not. This obviously is not a stand up owner or breeder. SO my next thought is to call the county. My only fear with doing so is that I would hate to see his animals be put down b/c of the pitbull problem in our state. The 3 dogs we met had wonderful dispositions and according to our vet Griffin (the relinquished pup) also has a beautiful disposition.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated being that we purchased sky October 9th and have yet to receive our documents.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
ask him for the registration numbers for the parents and the same for the litter bout the only way i think someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Hey NeRo&&SkY
People like that need to be exposed to animal control.If he takes the pups to soon,just so she will go in to heat???--Dogs have a regular cycle.Try talking to the UKS,and explain the situation to them.The problem people "hang" paper's all the time.
Thank you,
Henry

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
If you have it in writting anywhere, emails, texts wherever saying he is getting you papers you can take him to court , or sometimes just threatning to go to court with your evidence will get his butt in gear { this sounds very similar to my story with our 1st girl luna , this guy could pass for the same breeder just from this story} The guy I dealth with dodged my calls for months and when we did talk has some BS story to tell, when i threatned to go to court and put him on blast on every single site he advertises on in our area with a detailed description of him he came through with the papers. I would report him to the city , think of the shape your dog is in do you think those adults are any better off? plus being bred over and over? Evenif they are euthanized dont you think thats better then the life they are living right now? Or try and get a rescue involved to save them after they are confiscated. If nothing is done he will continue this path and more will suffer. Glad your pup is getting better and has a loving home , sad the rest are stuck there.
I really do hope all these new people comming on looking for info on how to pick a breeder and puppy read this , this kind of thing happens very often. Hopefully others can learn from your mistake, its how I felt after everything with my girl I do everything I can for people in my area looking for bullys or APBT's to find a good breeder and not have this story be theres.
BTW ,post some pics of your pup would love to see :) welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
If you have it in writting anywhere, emails, texts wherever saying he is getting you papers you can take him to court , or sometimes just threatning to go to court with your evidence will get his butt in gear { this sounds very similar to my story with our 1st girl luna , this guy could pass for the same breeder just from this story} The guy I dealth with dodged my calls for months and when we did talk has some BS story to tell, when i threatned to go to court and put him on blast on every single site he advertises on in our area with a detailed description of him he came through with the papers. I would report him to the city , think of the shape your dog is in do you think those adults are any better off? plus being bred over and over? Evenif they are euthanized dont you think thats better then the life they are living right now? Or try and get a rescue involved to save them after they are confiscated. If nothing is done he will continue this path and more will suffer. Glad your pup is getting better and has a loving home , sad the rest are stuck there.
I really do hope all these new people comming on looking for info on how to pick a breeder and puppy read this , this kind of thing happens very often. Hopefully others can learn from your mistake, its how I felt after everything with my girl I do everything I can for people in my area looking for bullys or APBT's to find a good breeder and not have this story be theres.
BTW ,post some pics of your pup would love to see :) welcome to the forum.
:goodpost:

People suck, I hope it works out for you.
and I second the pictures please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called animal control today and gave them my story as well as his address. I called the vet and informed them of my call and they too are willing to give them their experiences.

I have all of our conversations via text message in my phone. He claimed on Nov 9th that UKC needed more paperwork from him. I again text him today so I guess we'll see. Tomorrow morning I am calling New Castle County and hopefully something will come of that.

This entire situation is crazy!! My thoughts are even if she doesnt have papers it wouldn't matter. We love her period.

Thank you for all of the advice. I think with my call to the county I'll submit a civil suit. There are three ad's in our local paper today for blue pits and purple ribbon dogs. I have all three numbers so I'll be calling them obvi from another number lol

Ill post pics shorty

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
shes pretty , those pics with the green eyes are kinda freaky lol. Looks very happy. Id sent them a text saying you are gong to the courts sometime that will get them in gear without actually having to go file. tell them if nothing by monday or something then your opening up a suit , tell them your lawyer advised you that you have enough evidence in writting from texts to go forward. I bet they get back to you realy quick.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So here's an update on the chaos.... I took the kids back to the vet for a check up and thankfully they are free and clear of any parasites. However the vet had a "story" for me. The breeder that we bought our female from brought in my dogs supposed mother, she was giving birth. Apparently he had no clue she was pregnant and the three pups that she had were all still born and twice the size they should have been.

So not only has he not given me my paperwork but he lied about her parents. My pup is just 5 months- it would be impossible for her to have gone back into heat and had pups again... The mother was so damaged that upon trying to birth the pup her intestines were caught and the vet had to surgically remove the puppy and spay her. SO bright side is he cant ruin her any further, but she def went through a lot.

Again- sooo thankful that we took sky out of that situation....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
WOW what a scum bag, Feel so bad for that poor momma dog. Sad you dont know who the parents are but just look at it like a rescue, most people who rescue dont know the parents either. Glad she has such a good home now and YAY for the all clear at the vet thats great news. Good job with her :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed... I can say that although he's complete SCUM his dogs all seem to have an amazing temperament and the same falls true for sky. Thankfully we were simply looking for a companion for Nero and not a show dog or a female to breed.

It amazes me that someone could have 10 dogs- all of which are BEAUTIFUL and treat them sooo poorly. You'd think, he spent at least 1-2k on each- some more some less from the paperwork he had and they never see a vet, never get heartworm meds... He feeds them complete crap.... I have half the mind to jump the fence and bring them home.

Oh well... at least we saved one && shes a family favorite :woof::woof:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Its amazing how common it is, I know a guy exactly the same way. You talking about that creep you could very well be talking about the one I know. He has like 20 dogs always got new ones and he dumps them when they start to look bad cause he doesnt feed them well , doesnt watch them and they all run together { well 20 hungry dogs and throwing food out , bound to be fights}. Says his dogs are vaccinated but he sells them with his signature signing off on vaccinations it isnt a vet and I highly doubt he gives them shots. It used to amaze me how people can treat dogs like that but sadly its more common then you would think. Feel bad for the ones there but learned if I tried to save them all it just makes more room for more to end in that situationso I have stopped . Be happy for the one you saved and hopefully these kind of people get what is comming to them in the new year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very true.. you'd think quality versus quantity but obviously this is not so... It would be nice to at some point get back into the show ring. My family and I used to train schutzhund with our Malinois.

Maybe our next pup... I can promise that I'll never deal with this again.... But thank you for all the support :D

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Great job with your dog. Always makes me dad to hear about horrible people but glad there are people like you trying to make it right. Poor mom and poor dogs that guy might get in the future. :(

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I wouldn't trip on getting the papers from him.... obviously they won't mean anything as he is hanging them. BUT, I would go ahead and blast him to animal control and wherever else he advertises. He crop that pup before you bought her? I love craptastic breeders who won't pay to worm a pup or give any of their dogs proper care, but will crop them so they sell easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't trip on getting the papers from him.... obviously they won't mean anything as he is hanging them. BUT, I would go ahead and blast him to animal control and wherever else he advertises. He crop that pup before you bought her? I love craptastic breeders who won't pay to worm a pup or give any of their dogs proper care, but will crop them so they sell easier.
I've def had a few months to "get over" the papers thing. Not really worried about it any more. He didnt crop her- but ALL of his dogs are cropped. Its amazing how he cant afford vet bills but has 9 dogs.

Oh well.... lesson learned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts