Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small male pit, almost 2 years old. He was a rescue dog who had been mistreated. My dog is very sweet, but an anxious dog. He also is almost totally blind, and has recently begun o have limping with his left back legs. It is almost as though he has aged very quickly. Is this possible? The vet says he has no retina in one eye and poor eyesight in the other. We just love this little guy, but have learned we have to keep his life predictable. So when out, he is on his leash even when running. He seems to be comforted by the leash. Anyone else ever had a dog like this?

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Welcome to the forum Edwin Pickles. Sorry to hear that your young boy has had such a rough life but glad he found you. I would suggest having the vet check his structure and his hips for dysplasia. Hopefully it is something minor like a sprain or pulled muscle but if the limp continues another trip to the vet is in order.

Any chance of sharing a picture of your boy with us. We love pictures here. Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....I have an appointment coming up, but was curious if anyone else out there has had similar issues with Pits....especially essentially blind pits. This poor guy has lots of issues. AND he is such a sweetheart.

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Feel terrible for the poor boy and all that he's gone through. Wish I knew what to tell you. Despite all he's gone through naturally he's a sweetheart and I'd bet a happy dog when he's with you.
I'll be watching this thread to see what the vet has to say. best of luck E.P.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts