Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get in better shape (not feel like I'm gonna die if I run the quarter mile from my front door to the mailbox) and figured why not bring Jesse into it for some conditioning. I am going to try the Couch to 5K on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Then do Active 2 on my PS3 on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday leaving Friday as an off day...

Since I'm not really a runner, the three run days for Jesse are more walk/jog. I also have a "springpole" basically it's the right setup, just with a jolly ball instead of a hide... I figured we could do that on my PS3 days followed by swimming to cool down...

Does this sound reasonable? Too much? Not enough? For him and me! Lol

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
sounds great... thats alot more than some people do...lol :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was a runner 20 years ago..

Start with 1 minute walk 1 minute run.
2 minute walk 2 minute run. Do that a few times, then 3 minute walk, 3 minute run. I usually stay with a 3 minute walk, then go up to 4 minute run, 3 minute walk, 5 minute run...

Lots of stretching before and after.

With Jesse, (common sense, that I know you already know) make sure she is healthy enough.. wouldn't hurt to add glucosamine to her diet.. you too.

Good luck! 5K (3 miles) feels like forever at my age... I've got to get back into shape. I am skinny enough, weight wise, just got to firm up this old flad.

Let us know how you did.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Your dog looks like my boy! sprints is the way to go.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Your dog looks like my boy! sprints is the way to go.
sprints are really good .. for people anyhow.
they are good for leaving muscle while burning fat and workin the heart!

long distance cardio uses a ton of oxygen ... so does muscle . so when you do alot of long runs , your body will burn the muscle partly due to it being inefficient for long runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts