Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what a title LoL. My King is 11 m and started him with raw food for about 2 weeks and he is still constipated. When it come out it is hard balls. I started raw because he is a very picky eater. So I when back to TOTW, he well pick @ the TOTW until it is all gone but when it was the raw food it is gone in 2 min and looking for more. His shedding slow up, energy is better that before and coat even better looking. within the feeding of the raw. What should I do ?:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
sounds to me like maybe too much bone? whats the ratio of what you are feeding right now? are you weighing things or just giving him stuff ?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
but that says nothing really, you need to weight it should be in ratio to the body weight. And are you only feeding chicken? thats not a good diet either, raw needs so much more. Could be why he is backed up. What type of raw diet are you trying to follow?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
So your giving bone at every meal? Sounds like to much to me which I know can cause constipation. Maybe give some bone at meal time with some boneless. Are you feeding organ meat as well? Also try pumpkin which has fiber and will help keep him regular ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
How to Get Started | Prey Model Raw
you may want to check this out its a good way to get started.
as well for now you can try adding some canned pumpkin to his diet or pro biotics can be added regularly to help with digestion. { if getting canned pumpkin make sure its not pumpkin pie mix, you dont want the added spices}.

·
Registered
794 Posts
A raw diet should consist of 80% muscle meat, 10% bone, 10% organs meat. Try adding a couple tablespoons of pumpkin, sweet potato or yogurt to his food, all help with constipation.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
A raw diet should consist of 80% muscle meat, 10% bone, 10% organs meat. Try adding a couple tablespoons of pumpkin, sweet potato or yogurt to his food, all help with constipation.
Good post!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've also noticed my dog having the same issue and she is on TOTW and diet has not changed, it just seems to be an all of a sudden type thing. Don't mean to jack your thread. I will have to try some pumpkin or one of the other suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts