Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this with permission from Idalis Lewis @ Watchdog Kennels.

This is an awesome thread that explains what a true, clean front looks like.

I just wanted to attempt to explain what a true clean front is. I see a lot of people say their dog is clean and legs are straight as an arrow and when I mention that their dog is easty westy they are shocked.

This is what a correct front should look like...Notice a clean line from the shoulders clear into the feet.

Here is a picture the dog on the left is slightly easty westy even though his legs are very straight and the dog on the right has a nice clean correct straight front clear into the feet.

Some cases are more severe then others.

I posted this because a lot of people have the wrong idea about what a bully should look like.

Now here are pictures of some beautiful bullies with correct and clean fronts. In my opinion, these dogs are not overdone and are perfect examples of bullies bred to the ABKC set standard.

:) The above picture is the sire of BTK's dog, The Prophecy.

Appletini

Megatron

and of course The Prophecy!

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Nice ! Thanks for sharing. my boy is EW but no where near 45degrees

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts

I like this dog

·
Registered
47 Posts
Some of those dogs are fiddle front or fiddle feet, imo a severe fault .A lot of those supposed straight fronts are easty westy but are either stacked or standing in grass so you cant see, either way a good post because a lot of the hyped up bullies are severely flawed with e w, fiddle, multiple types of cow hocked etc.. but they call it "extreme" and many of the untrained eyes get fooled to believing its ok .

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Some of those dogs are fiddle front or fiddle feet, imo a severe fault .A lot of those supposed straight fronts are easty westy but are either stacked or standing in grass so you cant see, either way a good post because a lot of the hyped up bullies are severely flawed with e w, fiddle, multiple types of cow hocked etc.. but they call it "extreme" and many of the untrained eyes get fooled to believing its ok .
:goodpost:

Good catch- some extremes are indeed extreme
Some are nice but this a good ref thread

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Extreme is simply a class for the dogs with more bone mass.It has nothing to do with the posture.
Agreed- problem may be finding a judge who sticks to that. There's an extreme that Lauren was pictured with- that was a great example of an extreme bully still physically correct.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
traffic? he is gorgeous .
I love this post lauren I thought it was very helpfull glad you got permission to repost over here :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Agreed- problem may be finding a judge who sticks to that. There's an extreme that Lauren was pictured with- that was a great example of an extreme bully still physically correct.
True that,i think overall there is less correct extreme bullies to choose from period.:)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I agree he definitely is.

traffic? he is gorgeous .
I love this post lauren I thought it was very helpfull glad you got permission to repost over here :)
Naw Traffic is pocket he is talking about Blackout ;)
They are both gorgeous!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
:goodpost:

Very good thread.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ok now that blue and white 818 dog is freaking gorgeous... hehe but then again im kind of partial to the patches on white.... (sarge is my favorite) but theres no biased.... muahahahahaha

anywho great info in this thread!!!!

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice thread, some good visual examples
Agreed!

Ok now that blue and white 818 dog is freaking gorgeous... hehe but then again im kind of partial to the patches on white.... (sarge is my favorite) but theres no biased.... muahahahahaha

anywho great info in this thread!!!!
Yes, Megatron is GORGEOUS! I love his two different color ears.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Absolutely...
For those who aren't used to doing evals and looking at structure the dogs who are stacked can be manipulated to look as though issues aren't as bad or even pretty much hide them but if you look at other aspects and closely enough you see the faults pop right out.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
@mama. I love the ears too... Makes me kind of wish I had cropped sarge since he has the same one ear colored and the other white... If I planned on showing him I def would have cropped...

·
Registered
38 Posts
So can cases get anymore extreme than that?
And also does it hurt them to have that?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts