Go Pitbull Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow! This is really a great post. Thanks for the info. Well, sometimes, when you get a brand new pet, it is unpredicted because somebody was giving them away in front of Walmart.The expenses of getting a brand new pet are more than you may think, and also you need a ton of things right away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's so frustrating to me to see people post in a forum looking for ways to cheap out on medical care for their pet. "Well, I know she's sick, but I don't want to have to spend a couple hundred bucks on tests at the vet's office."

If you don't want to pay what it costs, you shouldn't have a pet. I take my dogs to the vet, I take my rabbits to the vet, I took my rat to the vet for surgery when he had a small growth.

You are GOD to your pets - you control everything in their life. That's a heavy responsibility, and if you can't live up to it, don't take it on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Heck, i spent nearly $200 today on food, treats, air tight containers to keep food and treats in, a long training leash, and a "travel" water bowl for car rides and dog parks (my wiener/shep mix goes to dog parks from time to time, not my pit mix).

So far this month, including today, i am up to at least $800. Then again thats 2 vet trips, Puppy Obedience and beginner obedience class, and the treats and what not to go with that. I also drive 30-40 min to the classes, so that adds up. Still gotta go to the vet next week for 3rd set of shots and rabies shot, as well as chipping both my dogs....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I already own a dog but I only now read this post.
It;s a great post. Thank you for sharing to us.

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
Good post! A lot of people get dogs and think how expensive could it be. Throw some cheap food to them and their good right? Wrong! Healthy happy dogs that live long lives require maintenence. On heartworm, flea, tick meds alone I spend at least $1000 every six months. I go through 2 $55 bags of dog food every week. My dogs ALL go to the vet at least once a year for shots and physicals. When I first adopted Budhha he got sick and it took us like $600 to get him over it. Spay and Neuter costs for some of my dogs. Toys and things to enrich their minds NOT to mention the cost on your daily life. I absolutely can't go on vacation. There is nobody that can be trusted to take care of all of my dogs. Every day it's a couple hours spent JUST on food and water and then everybody has to have one on one play time and walks. Having just one dog is a definite responsibility let alone multiple. Purchasing a dog should be well thought out. Especially in this economy. And as with horses a free puppy is often an expensive puppy :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, it just depends if you're serious about taking a dog your companion. Might suck a little in the short run but you'll really benefit from your dog in the long run. The advantages of having a dog outnumber the disadvantages.

·
Registered
7 Posts
very true..and most people want a pet, just to have one..because they are cute to own, etc..yet are not responsible nor put into consideration what the cost are to keep it..people need to research, its why so many beautiful animals end up in shelters..

·
silent memeber
569 Posts
Deuce I lost count how much I've spent .. I'm keep track with my little one tho

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the great information and after reading this, I really need to think about my plan on having a dog. Looks like having a dog could make me in a monetary crisis.

·
Banned
2 Posts
baby and dog

Hi my name is Mila, In a 2 mounth I gonna be mother of my first baby, and I wanna buy some puppy the same time,for protection my baby in a future, and I would like to instill love for animals to my baby from the first day from his life. Can you give me advice about any protection program. thank you very much for your help.

·
Banned
2 Posts
hi i steel wanna know about puppy (baby care ) program please give me advice (Hi my name is Mila, In a 2 mounth I gonna be mother of my first baby, and I wanna buy some puppy the same time,for protection my baby in a future, and I would like to instill love for animals to my baby from the first day from his life. Can you give me advice about any protection program. thank you very much for your help)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you mean the cost of a puppy care program from the vet?
My vet has a puppy program that covers all vaccines, de-worming, heart worm check, spay / neuter, and flea control for 3 months for about $200. You would really have to check with your own vet to see what they charge and if they have a package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im not going to say this isnt correct, im 20 years old now, i moved out of my home when i was 18, i had been renting out of house where the lanlord didnt mind i had dogs, my puppy was born and the house got sold out from under us... I lived in my car for 3 months because on long island you cant get a place with a pitbull unless you are renting an entire house which is at least 2300+ a month dont forget you gotta put down first month last month and security o i had no credit and no references.... I gave up everything for my dog, because he didnt make the decisions i made, i DID.... im not saying everybody should do what i did, but if you make the choice for something that cant make the choice for itself YOU are responsible RIDE OR DIE, LOYALTY cause i know for dam sure all the people i helped didnt help me, but this dog is the most loyal thing ill have in my life til hes gone.
(Edited) and dont think i didnt show care either, he was getting his blue wilderness puppy food, and he had already gotten his rounds of shots prior to this ***** ate better than me, like i said my choice though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know why cats would be MORE expensive than dogs?

I find that totally bizarre but it's making me curious to find out.

Most dogs are larger animals, so I could see pet food being more expensive, buying a larger crate, etc. Hmm..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm prolly not in the right thread but I'm new to this and I don't know how to start a thread. Can someone help me. I have a Pure Breed Pitbull and I don't have any papers. My boyfriends daughter gave him to me a month or so ago and she didn't get the paperwork when she got him. so I need to get a single dog registration form to send in but I don't know how to get it. Someone please help!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I know I'm prolly not in the right thread but I'm new to this and I don't know how to start a thread. Can someone help me. I have a Pure Breed Pitbull and I don't have any papers. My boyfriends daughter gave him to me a month or so ago and she didn't get the paperwork when she got him. so I need to get a single dog registration form to send in but I don't know how to get it. Someone please help!
Each registry is going to have their own form for single registration, so I would start by looking at the website of the registry you are interested in. However I have to tell you that I don't think you will be able to register your dog without any papers.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts