Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if cottage cheese is good for my pit, I heard its good for them & then I heard it was bad...

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
While cottage cheese is ok to give to dogs since it was taken from the milk before the nutrients are stripped, there isn't really a NEED for it. It is much more beneficial to add yogurt to your dog's feeding because it is a pro-biotic.

Yogurt has digestive enzymes which is healthy bacteria that helps a dog digest the food better, as well as strengthen his or her immune system. I mix it in with my dog's food every day. In order for this to be effective though you must buy yogurt with AT LEAST 6 LIVE CULTURES. In other words do not buy Yoplait; however, most grocery stores have an organic food section, which is the best place to find such yogurt. I use Stoneyfield Organic.

What yogurt does for your dog:

• Nutritionally rich in protein, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
  • Great for their digestive track
  • Makes their coat look excellent
  • Great for their immune system
YOGURT NEEDS TO BE MIXED WITH ACV (ALSO A PRO-BIOTIC) BECAUSE THE STRUCTURE OF YOGURT CANNOT BE OPENED BY THE BODY AND THE ACV SUCCESSFULLY DOES THAT; MOREOVER, IT KEEPS THE BODY ALKALINE.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I have been told to feed a dog cottage cheese to add weight. But that is the only benefit I know of.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
OK.... Cottage cheese is good to feed IF the dog needs fat. Cottage cheese is high in good fats but you feed better fat to a dog by actual animal fat. If going all RAW there is no need to feed cottage cheese because RMB give you better calcium than a processed milk product. I never feed cottage cheese. I feed yogurt and ACV mix because it is the dairy I add into the diet as well as a probiotic.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I've used cottage cheese. I used the fat free kind. It's a decent source of casein protein ( slower digesting protein if you work the dog hard.)

Acv is apple cider vinegar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts