Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what might be wrong with Kruger hes around 1 1/2 we just got him a couple days ago. He's had diarrhea the whole time well today when i got home from work is was mucusy and had blood in it and grass but he hasn't been outside really since we got him we make sure he doesn't eat the grass. Im really worried about him.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I would take him to the vet, do you know his history since you just got him? changing food instantly could cause that reaction, is he on new food? He is probably real nervous and anxious at the change.

My pup eats grass, and its fine. Its the blood that worry's me. How much? I am guessing it charcoal colored and not red, correct? or is it actual red, fresh blood?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not alot of blood and yeah its really really dark not like bright red.. we don't know anything really im going to take him to the vet soon to get him checked over cause i'd hate for anything to happend to him as hes already like my kid lol and he was an outside dog and now that we have him hes inside int he AC

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Where did you get him from? Did you adopt him? Could be as simple as a food change if he was eating the same thing somewhere else and now you put him on something totally different. Could be anything really.....I had a dog with GI issues and it ended up being gastroenteritis. He would also vomit this yellowish white foam with flecks of blood in it that looked like coffee grinds. He also had some bloody stool as well. I wouldn't mess around with blood in stool. I would get him into the vet. Giardia can also cause bloody stool as well. Here is a link for reasons of bloody stool.
Bloody Stools in Dogs | eHow.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My boyfriends friends dad had him and they never really took care of him we think they might have fed him table scraps... he dont act like anything is wrong hes very active

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
My boyfriends friends dad had him and they never really took care of him we think they might have fed him table scraps... he dont act like anything is wrong hes very active
Is he up to date with his shots seeing as how he wasn't cared for to well until you took him? Plus you said he lived outside right? I hope they had him on heartworm meds. I would take him to the vet ASAP to get him looked at. Bring a fecal sample and have a heartworm test done. Sounds like he needs a full check-up since he lacked care given to him. Bloody stool isn't something to be overlooked ;)

Reactions: ames

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My boyfriend said hes taking him tomorrow cause i called him crying so i will keep you all updated
please do!! Hope its just nerves!! Make sure to bring a fresh as possible stool sample when you go in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope so to. Cause i know im a nervous wreck over it im actually considering calling off tomorrow so i can make sure i go with him

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Make sure while you are there you do a heartworm test since he lived outside!! I would rather find that out now as well before to much more time goes by. And yes, make sure you get a "fresh" stool sample to take with you ;) Best of luck and let us know how he makes out :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE

Kruger is absolutely fine they said there is nothing wrong with him it's normal for from where he went from being an outside dog to inside dog and plus is itls normal again.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Kruger is absolutely fine they said there is nothing wrong with him it's normal for from where he went from being an outside dog to inside dog and plus is itls normal again.
Bloody poop is normal? What vet said this? I never heard of such a thing. A past dog of mine had bloody stool and it turned out to be giardia. I am glad he is fine but I have never heard of a dog having bloody stool because he went from living outside to inside :confused: I would just keep an eye on his stool and if you see anymore blood than you may need to try a different vet for another opinion. Did they check him for giardia or coccidia? Heartworms, worms, and all that good stuff :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they said there wasn't any blood that it was so dark and mucusy that it looked like it but im going to keep watching him. But this is completely off subject and im so happy i just have to tell someone that would probably understand last night my boyfriend left the back door open and kruger got out went and used the bathroom and came to our front porch i was proud he didn't run away cause every other dog i've had would have ran away

1 - 17 of 17 Posts