Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Because she's a rescue, Gracie's not papered. However I don't really think she's a Heinz 57 either.
I think she has a lot of the characteristics of an APBT, but because of her coloring, I guess she would lean more towards an AST right? Or maybe a combination of the two?
She's a year old, 50lbs but very lean w/ a narrow chest.

Would anyone care to take a guess on what breed you think she is? I know w/ out papers there's no way of knowing, but there's some very knowledgeable people here who might be able to take a guess for me. :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
from my exp , pitterstaffs / ukc style pits tend to be thicker than the adba style of dog.
the markings do look like some that i have seen. could be anything to .
and i agree , she is beautiful!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
she is absolutely gorgeous!!! :D

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the complements. I thought that staffys were thicker too, but I thought I heard that APBTs aren't blue which is why I thought maybe she might have staffy somewhere.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
She is gorgeous! She looks like a pit to me :) she looks small boned but what do I know cause I have a bully LOL! Best of luck with her! I love her markings and color.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Thanks for the complements. I thought that staffys were thicker too, but I thought I heard that APBTs aren't blue which is why I thought maybe she might have staffy somewhere.
there are many blue apbt... if youll look at pheonix in my siggy pic... hes blue :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
there are many blue apbt... if youll look at pheonix in my siggy pic... hes blue :)
^ That ;)

She is gorgeous, I love the white markings on her face. Stunning dog!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
She's very nice. There may be some AmStaff in the pedigree, but its really a moot point. Some people want to dig way far back in the lineage so they can find a shot of AmStaff and go "ah ha! See? Not an APBT, neener neener." She's beautiful either way. Her "type" looks more APBT to me than anything.

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She's very nice. There may be some AmStaff in the pedigree, but its really a moot point. Some people want to dig way far back in the lineage so they can find a shot of AmStaff and go "ah ha! See? Not an APBT, neener neener." She's beautiful either way. Her "type" looks more APBT to me than anything.
Nope, you won't hear a neener, neener from me =)

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I am going to say she is a mix of staff, and apbt blood. Her being a blue brindle would have most likely come from the Staff side. Can APBT's be blue it's possible but the color doesn't show up often not in game dog pedigree's anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
That dog is a stunner. And I don't even like blue dogs. Funnily enough her face reminds me of some APBT/Bull Terrier mixes I've seen but she is probably all APBT with a dash of AST.

·
Registered
19 Posts
she could be anything even part sheepdog...if you don't know for sure you just "don't know"... but lets not talk about what she could be ...talk about what she is>>>

FREAKIN' PRETTY

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
Well if this was 1945 we'd know after one or two []'s LOL ...

She looks like some of that Tacoma APBT crosses I've seen.. Lightner and Corvino dogs are taken to Tacoma alot on the border line between ADBA and AKC cause Tacoma is corvino essentially.. ... anyway I dont use the whole pitterstaff word.. cause each has something to offer for the other in talking breeding and are of each other..

Look at it like this... You dont have papers, if the dog was aggressive toward people and got in trouble ... without your input what would the authorities say? What would everyone call her? Pitterstaff is a word newly concocted cause it sounds less offensive IMO. You have a pit bull .. simply put or bulldog or pit terrier many names LOL take your pick.. ?.. A dog by any other name..

Shes fine though! I'd break my neck if I was driving and I seen ya'll walking down the road or sidewalk.. LOL SOMEONES LOSS is YOUR GAIN LOL ahhahahaha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts