1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
thats nuts!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
That's insane! Looks like a scene out of hoarders. Those dogs probably just keep mulitiplying to. Imagine a pack of 120 bulldogs! Yeah, I don't think so lol!

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Hahahahaaaaa!! I thought this was hilarious!! Good find Smiggs. You think all them hounds are related????? ROFL

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
poor females.. probably get gangbanged when they go in heat.. lol

"line em up!"

·
Registered
901 Posts
Crazy analogy but it reminds me of the mental institutes in the 60's and earlier where the individuals we never dressed and food was thrown on the tables. The individuals were let loose and it was survival of the fittest. After they ate, if they ate their caretakers (if you want to call them that) took a hose and hosed everyone down (main reason for them being naked all the time). So sad seeing those dogs fighting for a meal. :(

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Crazy analogy but it reminds me of the mental institutes in the 60's and earlier where the individuals we never dressed and food was thrown on the tables. The individuals were let loose and it was survival of the fittest. After they ate, if they ate their caretakers (if you want to call them that) took a hose and hosed everyone down (main reason for them being naked all the time). So sad seeing those dogs fighting for a meal. :(
I agree, I was so sad for all those pups to have to fight for their food, and the people lining up to see it like its a show!!?? Shame on them! Where was that? I mean they seem "behaved" and trained, but if one was to break free they would all follow, and they all look alike so who do you blame! lol

·
Registered
816 Posts
ya im not too crazy about the dogs being made to perform out of hunger..... the whip didnt make me smile too much either....

interesting video nonetheless..... idk maybe im a bit cynical but i woulda loved to see the dogs trample the dude.... but thats just me

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
ya im not too crazy about the dogs being made to perform out of hunger..... the whip didnt make me smile too much either....

interesting video nonetheless..... idk maybe im a bit cynical but i woulda loved to see the dogs trample the dude.... but thats just me
And me lol I was hoping he would get his too

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I agree, I was so sad for all those pups to have to fight for their food, and the people lining up to see it like its a show!!?? Shame on them! Where was that? I mean they seem "behaved" and trained, but if one was to break free they would all follow, and they all look alike so who do you blame! lol
I can't get the accent down but it's foreign LOL! I think it's French! Remember, some foreign countries don't treat dogs or animals for that matter as good as we do (for the most part) in the states. Can anyone say.....China? :( It's a shame but the sad truth. I bet you all those hounds are inbreds.....Doesn't it look like a hoarder owns them?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
These hounds are on the Cheverny grounds which can be toured pretty much throughout which why there are spectators during the feeding process. The hounds have one reason for existence and that is purpose. While i am not justifying THAT many hounds at once together, many hunters that use hounds will feed similarly and house together, hell with little interaction in terms of "pet".

As to the whip, none of them act scared or like they are beat.. It is used as a training method to keep order, i didn't see any of this fighting... People assume two hounds (or more) tearing meat apart is fighting over food.. Truth is, i only saw one potentially two that looked thin.. But not disgustingly so.. That says a great deal in itself.

You may not have to agree with it but i think some need to step back some and not go so quick on the assumptions. These hounds look to be in good shape, tails wagging and overall healthy. You can find plenty of videos around on youtube including training demonstrations.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I hear you KM, what is their purpose at a castle? Or am I googling the wrong Cheverny? in France? I am not making any assumptions, I saw some animals scuffle over food in the video so having to fight for food when they could be fed separately would not be as good of a show for the people paying money to tour the castle. What purpose does that serve? Or is there another one I am missing?

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
The castle displays 17th century living and is open to the public, used as a tourist attraction. There is a lot of history in there if I'm not mistaken Mona Lisa was kept safe in there during WWII.

Those dogs pupose is to hunt. Hunting is real big in Europe and it is said that they still go out.

Back then the dogs were used more as a tool other than a pet.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Cool stuff. Didn't realize they would still be hunting today which made me assume it was all for show and attraction. I didn't read that much though since I was not sure that was the right place. :). Thanks nowucme:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts