Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if using the divider and putting 2 in there I would go with the bigger one for sure. Just make sure you dont put 2 DA dogs in there or ones that dont get along if that ever happens to yours { i know they young now } but those dividers arent that strong.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
er... I dunno how well that would work. you're going to have trouble taking them out when you stop for potty breaks. I would buy 2 smaller plastic crates. I like plastic better for travelling, b/c if you get in an accident with a metal one, the metal bars can impale your dog. I'm looking for a 24" one for Indie.

Reactions: SMiGGs

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I have one like that. Folds up and stores super easy. But I don't like the sound of indies metal crate jamming into anyone if there ever was an accident. Of its just or travel can u find plastic ones?

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Ames!!!

I got the 48" lol, if the divider is poor quality, ill fab one up, out of some sheet metal.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
The 24 i say is to small...mine love ther Pens and they Lay out nice in them, I have the 42, i got it on ebay, its the ascpa brand, and the other is the same but its a Petmate. Bothe are great, and i have ONE door Units. The Sturdier I say. I have One downstairs and One upstairs and they have always chosen to sleep together. (However they were raised together since 8wks)

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
depends on the size of the pups as adults. Indie does fine w/ a 24", but she's a 45-48 lb dog. I would say anything over 50#, and you'd need to move up to the next size.

I heard about the metal crate impalement from someone else. Scared me, so I'm switching to plastic for travelling.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Nice Ames!!!

I got the 48" lol, if the divider is poor quality, ill fab one up, out of some sheet metal.
just saying sounded painful, lol. Glad you found one hope it works :)

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 24 i say is to small...mine love ther Pens and they Lay out nice in them, I have the 42, i got it on ebay, its the ascpa brand, and the other is the same but its a Petmate. Bothe are great, and i have ONE door Units. The Sturdier I say. I have One downstairs and One upstairs and they have always chosen to sleep together. (However they were raised together since 8wks)
My dogs are the same way palace. I built a separate kennel outside, and they prefer to all sleep together in the same house, but theyve been growing up together since puppies, so its like their little pack.

I hope my crate is a good as yours lol :) thanks for the feedback.

depends on the size of the pups as adults. Indie does fine w/ a 24", but she's a 45-48 lb dog. I would say anything over 50#, and you'd need to move up to the next size.

I heard about the metal crate impalement from someone else. Scared me, so I'm switching to plastic for travelling.
yea i took your words into consideration, especially if i decide to use a different type of divider, the space is going to be reduced by so much, so i just went with the biggest on the market.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Biggest miguel? lol , wellllllll I can send you lokis crate dimensions lol, like I said I can lay down inside of it and still have room for dogs and kids to get in. I think I had the 2 boys, cali , loki n pep in there one day lol. { i made the mistake of hiding in there playing hide and go seek with the kids and I got trapped LOL.}

1 - 15 of 15 Posts