Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I post a lot of stacked shots and stuff, but not to many of what they are normally up to lol

They use to have a huge chair and do not understand laying on the floor lmao. This is a new concept to them and while Xena tried out an office chair for a bit she finally settled for the floor.

Their almost 2 year old nylabone still hanging in there too...

I wannnttt up there...

Umm Can I sit in your chair? She sits behind me in my huge computer chair as long as she doesn't bite my ass when playing with her bone.

Kitten being ballsy in Xenas chair

Yum Dinner

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Awesome shots! And those are the best nylabones! Someone said their puppy destroyed one in a couple days, and im like "no flippin way!" Odin would have all those dinners gone in no time LOL!

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
LOVE the pictures!! The ones of her sitting in the chair are awesome!! I love Spock...well, ok fine, I love them all! :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Man I love what Lisa produces!! Great pics Holly and they all look SUPER happy! Love Xena's smile :) wait...Xena is the brindle right?? LOL! I forget now.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I love what Lisa produces!! Great pics Holly and they all look SUPER happy! Love Xena's smile :) wait...Xena is the brindle right?? LOL! I forget now.
Yes she is. I agree Lisa had some fine dogs out of these breedings and I am so honored to have her only 2 females out of Sirens first litter and the only male out of the 2nd litter lol.

Some of you that have known me longer know I started with UKC dogs (well after being a byb'er for my first couple years) which is why I had Mae, and Stack.. Then The litter that was UKC based ( Snoop, Faith, Bee, Lil Mom, Obi, and Prime). Well after some changes with the UKC and after dealing with some of the top UKC breeders I decided I don't care at all for it. Love a nice UKC dog just not their programs or most of the people lol.

So I got these dogs from Lisa to switch to ADBA dogs and am very happy with these 3 ( as well as ADBA people and events) who will in time be the foundation of whats to come. I am trying to add the perfect dog to go with these 3 right now, but with me having Chloe (rescue), Faith, Snoop ( Pups came back)..Ending up with Jerry Lee and ending up with both Bailey and Justice instead of just one lol I am to full to get it right now...But even if I miss this I will be adding 1 more in time that will complement these dogs and give me a solid start.

Now if we could just get some more CA events and actually be able to title YA! lmao

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And those are the best nylabones! Someone said their puppy destroyed one in a couple days, and im like "no flippin way!"
They must have had a small bone or an imitation. No puppy destroys a nylabone! :D My dogs destroy everything else. The only reason the Jolly balls live is because they choose to play nice with them lol.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
HAHA I love how Xena is sitting on the arm of the chair. Spoiled pups. Do you let all your pups have inside time with you and the family daily? or just some of them and if so how do you decide? lol

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Everyone gets time in the house. As each rotation goes out the 3 that just came in get to rotate between hanging out in the living room. Jerry Lee is the only one that doesn't come in, he was raised out doors before we got him and doesn't like the house. He wouldn't even walk in it before, now he is ok coming in, but starts to pant heavily and whining if inside for more than a couple mins. ( Crixus, Xena, Francis and Jerry Lee don't rotate. They have their own kennels or tethers. Xena and Crixus come inside from 10am to 6pm everyday.) We rotate the other 9 in groups of 3.

The only way for me to give attention to all them is that as they rotate every 2 hours each one gets attention then, being pet, a treat and working on basic manners as we walk out, and then they get to chill in the living room when they come in.

A couple times a week I go out and work with each on one on OB and Weight pull. Daily I go out and play with Xena, Crixus, Spock, Honey, and Scorch. They are my Competition dogs and have to be in shape. Crixus, Xena and Jerry Lee can walk together so I take them jogging every 3 days and switch with Spock, Snoop, Faith and Honey in between. Scorch and Mae go for walks in between. ( I often do 2 sets of 2 miles to switch dogs)

Bailey and Justice can't do the walks with their issues in older age so they get short sessions on the long line

The others all get played with a couple times a week outside, aside from their daily inside play.

I miss having my multi yards, but we are putting in more kennels and a couple yards in Sept so that they will have a play yard to go out in. My 3 acres is fenced and I have a couple sections, but its not what I need to be able to let them loose. We had to use tethers here along with the 2 kennels until I had the funds to build the new 5 kennels. We are still setting up so right now I have 100+ ft leads we take them out on the back 2 acres to run and play ball.

We have to work with everyone constantly so that they are all fully exercised and calm. We are lucky to have well behaved good dogs and we keep it that way. Otherwise it would be to much work for me to handle them all. Keeping up with Ob and making sure they are use to being out in the house is the only way.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
So amazing! You go girl! And you didn't even mention goats chicken or horse. And school. Girl you go!!! Lol. That's funny about jerry lee. Shows you how some pups just love the outside no matter what!

Whts are justice and bailey issues with leash walking in general or DA that sucks and it's just easier?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oh no they are just old, they came here to retire. Justice doesn't handle the heat or anything strenuous and Bailey knees are going. I have yet to meet a dog I couldn't put in check so serious DA isn't an issue with me and walking lol. They can be DA all they wants, but they had best keep quiet about it while walking lmao.

Justice was abused in one of her previous homes and the damage was rough on her as well.

Yes this is all along with school ( Only a few more semesters), work, 2 kids, and the livestock. The livestock pretty much deal with themselves though. I will not start working the horse until around sept-oct.

This is why Jeremy doesn't work. People who are new to us at first do get why the man stays at home and I handle all the income, but I couldn't have my animals or do rescue if he worked. The fact that he almost never leaves the house is why we are home to do this. I leave to school and thats about it. We don't go out, we don't go on trips, occasionally we go out to dinner and are back within 2-3 hours max lol.

When I say my life evolves around these dogs I mean it lmao.

This is also why I get so rude when people can not make room in their lives for the 1 or 2 animals they got.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
thats awesome, and I thought that about the DA and you but should have realized age makes a difference in exercise regimen more than walking manners :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Great pics!!! I <3 me some Xena ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
I am always impressed with your pack. It's nice to see them just being dogs too. :)

PS you are ana amazing person to be abel to deal with all of that AND have kids.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its also missing 1 lol. Francis already had hers. She doesn't get a whole neck lol. I snip some off the others..Shhh don't tell the big dogs I steal their chit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts