Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got my pitbulls ears cropped and its been around a week and a half and they havent stood yet. Does it usually take longer than that?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was a medium crop and this picture was taken today almost a week and a half after she was cropped.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
here is a pic of her right after surgery

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Silly question here but don't they usually tape them up afterwards to get them to stand?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont kno that is why i am asking, if its so silly of a question how come you dont kno the answer?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I wasn't being sarcastic. I've never had a cropped dog as it's illegal in my country but every post I've seen about cropping mentions that they tape the ears so that they stand (unless it's a very short crop). The dog in the pics doesn't even look like it's been cropped.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yes, they do tape them unless it is a short crop. Where did you get this done because it doesn't really look like the dog has been cropped, in my opinion. I always crop and never had any look like that afterward.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i had it done by a vet that has done alot of pitbulls before..

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
i had it done by a vet that has done alot of pitbulls before..
Then he should have taped them up for you, especially with ears that long. He honestly doesn't look like he has even been cropped. If you search ear crops on here you will see hundreds of pictures of dogs that have just been cropped.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
here is a picture of before they were cropped

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i see, the vet told me i wouldnt need tape he did a crop for my buddy and it stood fine i was just wondering if some dogs take longer than others to stand?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
i see, the vet told me i wouldnt need tape he did a crop for my buddy and it stood fine i was just wondering if some dogs take longer than others to stand?
White Dog's ears weren't taped, but that is because he has a short, short crop. The longer the crop then they need to be taped. You can have the ears re cropped; however, I'd suggest using a different vet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so are you saying that the ears will never stand even if i tape them, i can see in the back of the ears where the cartilage has already began to harden

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well that sucks, im just gonna keep her ears the way they are , its sad enough to go through it the first time, i dont want my girl in any more pain

1 - 20 of 35 Posts