Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Bruno,being the smart dog that he is,just swallowed the white part off a spatula..

The vet wants me to bring him in(not my vet,the 24 hour one) to induce vomiting, but they're gonna charge me like $150. I don't have that right now.

They told me if I couldn't bring him in,to just watch him...

I was wondering,is Epicack(sp?) ok to give dogs? Or is there something I could do to help him,either vomit it up,or poo it out?

He's already slightly blocked from the 1/2 tennis ball he ate yesterday.

I just don't want him to end up needing surgery or what not... IDEAS?:confused::confused:

ps: That's the first and last time I let him lick the spatula.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
It is too late now but Epicack is ok for dogs but I just found out they do not sell it anymore OT. You can give hydrogen peroxide a few table spoons at a time and wait 5 min and if not vomiting you can give more. When you give walk the dog around outside it works good. The other thing you can use is table salt, this is harder to use but works. Pour table salt in the back of the mouth, a good amount and it will make them vomit. I don;t like using that unless the dog does not respond to peroxide.

For the future do not give your dogs toys that they can tear apart, tennis balls are for play with you only not to chew on. The only toys they should have (being APBT's) are tough toys, I only allow my dogs to play with nylabones and kongs. All the other toys are for me to play with them under supervision never alone. I have had to remove several toys from dogs over the years and it is an expensive 1500 to 3000 lesson. ;)

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't a toy..It was a spatula :/
I don't give or buy my dogs anything they can easily destroy. They were given that ball for Christmas,and I didn't even think anything of it,till they had eaten it.

The peroxide didn't work. I tried that. I'm just gonna hope it passes.
He's pooping fine.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
How much Peroxide did you give? I found the best way to give it is with a giant syringe, you can pick up a horse syringe at the feed store. Take the needle off and use the syringe to get it in the back of the throat. You also have to give the peroxide within a few hours of when they ate it. Let us know how he is in a few days ;)

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
i have had to use peroxide I use like half a bottle when Zoey swallowed a rabbit skin whole. It came right back up.
Sorry alil late oops

·
Registered
16 Posts
when peroxide doesnt work i give Mustard water which usually does work on some dogs but doesnt on Kodiak who loves mustard... He chewed the button off my pants while i was napping from dealin with a head cold, but the button passed and now he sees the mustard bottle in the fridge and wants a dab every time im getting milk out for my coffee lol...

Hope Bruno is doing ok...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts