Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an odd looking dog on another pitbull forum. It was in a slideshow in the header so I wasn't able to click on it for more info or anything. I'm curious as to what it is. It seemed to have a bulldog type stance (strong chest etc.) but it had a very odd looking head. It was very long and it was hard to tell where his snout ended and his skull began. Was a very unique dog. I know this is vague but maybe someone can help me figure out what this dog is.

He also had cropped ears for what it is worth.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that is him. Idk why but I think those are incredible looking dogs.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Bull Terriers are sweet looking dogs indeed. I haven't seen very many in person. I saw one black and tan once, beautiful dog.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never seen one in person, but they are indeed unique looking dogs. I would like to have one but my time is already spoken for with the two I got at the house. Just thought he was interesting.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very expensive And im not sure how many breeders are out there for them , we tried to get one before we got our 1st male but they can be a handful and realized they werent very well suited for our home right now , very cool looking though. saw one at the petstore a few months back she was only a few months old was extremely cute.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea from what I have looked at on them since l4ne4 told me what they were, one would be perfect for me if he was an only dog. I already have two that take up 4 -5 hours of my time and attention every evening. I wouldn't get another high drive dog knowing I didn't have the time to take up with him. Later on in life (hopefully at least 10 - 15 years from now) if something happens to champ and/or chevelle I may look into getting one if I can find them. Definitely would look for an adult I'm all puppy'd out for one lifetime.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My friend has an English Bull Terrier, beautiful dog but very DA so the dog barely gets walked. It's a shame because they have such high drive I'd love to work with that dog.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats sad. couldn't he walk him with a muzzle for extra safety and still let the guy get his exercise?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
was it this?

English bull terrier
^Anyone know whose dog this is? I've never seen a cropped BT before as their ears are naturally pricked. This dog looks like someone's recreation of an old working type BT instead of a show looking dog. Very cool looking dog. Even the snout isn't as exaggerated as the show type which is not a bad thing.

Below is an example of a typical show bred BT. Note the differences in the shape of the head.

·
Registered
144 Posts
we have a local sherbert shop and the owner has a bull terrier. she sits in front of the shop everyday with a bed and water... she is so funny. their coat is really coarse. and you can't help but pet their odd shaped head/nose. She is super friendly i wish i knew her name.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats sad. couldn't he walk him with a muzzle for extra safety and still let the guy get his exercise?
Yea he has a muzzle but the owners are just lazy and don't want to deal with the hassle of meeting other dogs. I reckon his aggression is just made worse by his lack of stimulation.

@ aus_staffy: I was thinking that it had a less exaggerated head but I thought it was just the angle lol. I've never seen an EBT in that great condition and well bred, most I see are strange BYB creations or the stocky show kind.

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
my next dog will be a EBT but have to w8 till i dnt have my bulldog no more or ish will hit the fan my bulldog h8s being challanged and my mums old EBT used to challange every dog it met lol so better safe than sorry ill just wait 6 or so years excellent dogs tho and that 1st dog is heaps nice dont see em like that at all these days ive actually never seen 1 so old school looking like that

·
Silver VIP Member
596 Posts
I've met ONE EBT, and he's an amazing dog. He's a spazz in an half, very VERY terrier-like.

They are a high drive dog that is one thing I can say.

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
I really like Bull Terriers a lot, I think they are super cute and the few I have met have the typical goofy terrier personality. I have to agree with them having a high drive and pretty high DA. There's actually a couple bull terrier puppies in the beginner's class part of the classes I take Whit to. Its focused for pitbulls, but there's a few other breeds as well so I see the little bulls on the other side of the park. I remember on my 2nd day of class, an older guy was trying to do class with his big male EBT, who was just showing too much aggression that it was distracting the other dogs. I kind of felt bad for him when he was asked to leave, be cause he was really trying to work on his boy's manners. I guess a few weeks prior, he got in a scuffle and did some damage.

But I like them a lot, not so much the show dogs, but the working ones. Hope to own one someday :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts