Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't see this happening at all but I have never had experience with a non intact male and how other males act around them.

Stage is 9years old DA intact and I may be moving into a house taking on a 14year old male non intact APBT that comes with the house (its a friend that cannot take a dog with him to his club where he will be living) with no teeth and blind and grey overweight bless him.

What are peoples experiences with this? Is there a chance Stage will not be DA towards him. I know the answers are probally going to be no, but im crossing my fingers there are some positive feedback going to be posted :)

The house is sectioned into two parts by a 6ft fence. Stage will be chained, Cyris will have free roam on the backyard. Hes so obese he cannot jump but god forbid anything happen to the vetran. Grace will be fine.

:woof:

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
DA is DA and i wouldn't let him get anywhere near the old timer. Jmo

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My thoughts too. But in saying that Stage is totally fine with dogs that don't offend him. Eg. is grans jack russel he will go off his nutter at Stage (bitting his face and all) and Stage thinks its funny and a big game. But APBT and APBT I can pretty much see it not going well.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
LOL, had two nuetered males, one DA and the other not, and they got along fine (probably because the owner was intact;) Not the same scenario as the one you described though.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would worry about the other DA male going for the older male. Through fences they should be fine but I would worry if they were free together. Best kept separate.
Thanks Lisa, thats what the plan is there are two sections to the yard and Stage will be full time chained. I will be home all day with baby also so IF anything was to happen I'd be straightout there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I also agree with Lisa. With the old guy being blind especially, blind dogs can sometimes have a tendency to snap if they are surprised/startled, at least in my experiences. I would say keep them separate also, or at least under close supervision by you. I'm sure you know the signs and body language if something were to happen.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Liv, you have more than enough experience to answer this question. A set of nuts and age wont change the breed of the dog. The best part is you have seen the best situations and some bad ones too so you know you can never be too carefull. Reverse the tables if stage was old and decrepid in his final years would you want to take the same bet? My money is on seperating like they were both full of fire to keep the peace sister!

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well we got the house so its all go, we are setting up some more fences as extra safetly precautions and stage will be double collared. Im crapping my pants we are going to have an accident but with breaksticks arond the property i should be fine. Thanks Junk :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts