Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonights very simple dinner, since they were out of mackerel at the store.. of chicken outside and chicken inside with some bloody stuff and olive oil..

Schmeebs showing how he can sitz

He can also lay..

and poop.. from him.. 65lb dog made that, only took him 2 days lol

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
How many times per day do you feed?
My favorite part about the poop is when you mow the yard you don't have to worry about it because it turns to powder in 24 hours. LOL!

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Haha that's great! My girl has the tiniest turds and only every other day and I just started about 2 weeks ago. She did have random runs yesterday morning but I think it had something to do with something she ate while we were down at a wedding. She is back to normal today :)
What is your reasoning for the olive oil? I have added coconut oil but never thought about trying olive oil....

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many times per day do you feed?
My favorite part about the poop is when you mow the yard you don't have to worry about it because it turns to powder in 24 hours. LOL!
1x a day and yea, we pick up poo in the yard cuz its small but even if I miss one its not the end of the world because its powder the next day lol

Haha that's great! My girl has the tiniest turds and only every other day and I just started about 2 weeks ago. She did have random runs yesterday morning but I think it had something to do with something she ate while we were down at a wedding. She is back to normal today :)
What is your reasoning for the olive oil? I have added coconut oil but never thought about trying olive oil....
I like to rotate oils, we use fish, olive oil, coconut and sometimes vegetable. I like how it makes their skin and coat and if the meal is a little less fatty I add in some to the higher metabolism dog just to keep him from getting lean on smaller meals.

We live in AZ and our yard is dirt and the BFs dog is from WI so he was getting dried out really bad and itchy, little bit of oil in a meal maybe 2x a week keeps him good and it helped regrow hair on his tail and any other spot he lost hair lol

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10lbs of chicken, I split my bagging up between a few nights per 10lbs bag because it kills my back to stand at the sink

Dog and cat food for the night.. Chicken quarters, beef liver, extra scraps of chicken skin/fat and bone.. Kitty got chicken, beef liver and the "butts" of the chickens aka tails lol

She was excited for the picture.. cant you tell?

Kitty noms..

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep. She usually eats kibble but we ran out and I forgot to go get her more. She eats a lot of my rat culls and extra feeders when I produce too many.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She likes it too. She would be running around the house like a wild cat right now but I locked her in the bathroom because she was harassing Turbo through his kennel.. smh.. 6lb fluffy cat thinks SHE is gonna fuck him up

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sometimes your dog food is just so purdy you gotta snap a picture! man were they yipping and yapping last night at feeding time, they knew they were getting a nice fat meal!

(chicken quarter, chicken gizzard, hamburger, beef liver, mackerel, whole egg, acv, and fish oil)

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MMMMMM we had some happy dogs tonight! They got Chicken quarter, pork kidney, chicken liver, pork belly with muscle/fat/skin, whole egg and fish oil/acv. Bear promptly did the zoomies upstairs like a maniac! lol

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
The raw diet seems so simple. If only I had a place to store enough raw food I'd probably do it too. How much do u feed weight wise?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The raw diet seems so simple. If only I had a place to store enough raw food I'd probably do it too. How much do u feed weight wise?
I know, I need more freezer space lol trying to get these pups on full raw soon

Depends on the dog, its metabolism and if its being worked or not. The adult males here get 1.5-2lbs depending

Do you completely cook the eggs? And are they still in the shell?
I dont cook the eggs at all, they are raw and in shell

Proper gorge meal for the hounds tonight they are VERY happy! (chicken quarter per bowl plus a chicken quarter split between bowls, calf liver/chicken liver, mackerel, egg, high fat hamburger and a good hunk of beef cheek)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Konas dinner looks just like that but I always pull off the skin. I guess I'll try leaving it on. I always thought it would give him the runs.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Dag food :)

and after a little time

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heavy I wish I had room to let the dogs eat a pig head lol, I am thinking of getting a sheep head because its smaller and I can feed it in my kitchen :D

Konas dinner looks just like that but I always pull off the skin. I guess I'll try leaving it on. I always thought it would give him the runs.
If your dogs used to raw food, chicken skin wont bother him. Ive never skinned a piece of chicken for the dogs

1 - 20 of 28 Posts