Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Training section or Health section but considering that Daisy is(or has been) potty trained, I thought this is a developing health issue?

Daisy is a rescue dog out of Downey, CA from a high kill shelter. We adopted her when she was 6 months and now she's 2 years old.
We crate trained her from day one and NEVER had an accident in crate.

My husband and I have lived in Tennessee for 1 year now and the move didn't affect her one bit. All 6 dogs get free roam of the backyard and they are always taken out right before bedtime.
The past two weeks, Daisy has all the sudden started urinating in her crate at night. She doesn't fuss to be let out or bark like the other dogs do if they need to go out so I can't tell if she's leaking without her own knowledge or she's just peeing.
Could this be a sign of a UTI?
I'll be honest, I woke up gagging from the smell of rancid ammonia and when I stuck my head in her crate, I gagged all the way to the bathroom. It was such a strong and foul odor.
I didn't see any blood stains on her blankets or a darkened color where the urine was on the blankets. I know sometimes the color of the urine could indicate something may be wrong.

I have no idea why she started this.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
If it smells that fowel then thats a BIG red flag. Could be a UTI or something but a trip to the vet would determine what her issue is. usually sudden urinating is a sign of a UTI.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
If it smells that fowel then thats a BIG red flag. Could be a UTI or something but a trip to the vet would determine what her issue is. usually sudden urinating is a sign of a UTI.
I agree with Bella.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
My firend's pup did that when she had a yeast infection, not sure if its related but like the great posts above, get it checked out. Something is not right for her, and she is adorable BTW, to start doing it all of a sudden.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never thought of a yeast infection.

Thank you all.

We made an appointment and the tech on the phone said it sounded like a UTI. So we'll find out soon enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts