Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good grief are the tick ever bad this year. We have never had to really deal with the buggers until about mid June this year they were out in force by the end of April.

Yesterday i was checking over DaVinci. I check my dogs over two to three times a day. He had been running in the tall grasses of the field next door. Well my boy had 15 woodticks on him. One was way down in his ear. I need to get some frontline. I usually just use Ivomec but so far it isn't working very good this year.

Last night while I was sleeping I felt something crawling on me and I had two woodticks :flush:

Anyone else having lots of problems with woodticks?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't figure out why god made them. They serve no purpose that I know of other than spreading disease maybe that is why we have them to keep the survival of the fittest thing going.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can't figure out why god made them. They serve no purpose that I know of other than spreading disease maybe that is why we have them to keep the survival of the fittest thing going.
I can't seem to figure out why God made quite a few things. We may never know!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I guess it depends upon the weather & stuff. One year my fathers yard must have been filled with them. And we dont live in the country or wooded area!

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Omg that's just awful!!! WE've already had to pull off like 7 ticks off of dogs this year and last year we didn't see even 1! they're so icky....

if i had one on me i think i would die. omgz.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My sister and my son were doing soil samples for the reservation here. They went out for 9 days in a row and every day tey came in we had to pull off ticks. My son had three deer ticks on him. He is so dark that it is hard to tell if he had the bullseye for the lyme disease.

One time we found dogs abandoned at a farm way out in the country 9 elkhounds. The one dog had over 300 ticks on her. We lost count at that time. The one neighbor and her girls came over to help pull all those ticks. That dog was in bad shape but she got the best home ever. She lived to be about 9yrs old. The vet figured she was over a year but under 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts