Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My daughter was out yesterday with our dog Angus...She went to the weight pull field to work on obedience with her dog....about a half a block from our house....Three Hispanic males about 15 to 18 with two pit bulls tried to forcibly gain entrance into the weightpull field through a locked gate to turn their dogs loose on Angus. Katy started calling home to no avail, no one picked up the phone....Then one climbed the 10 ft. chainlink fence to go into the field to threaten her, telling her if they found her out again they would see if her dog was tough....She was terrified! I walked around and found her and two other little girl in the fenced area crying and terrified. The police has been called and are aware of the situation in our area. They have stepped up surveillance in the area, and I have talked to Katy about dialing 911. Thankfully Angus defended her enough that the teen stayed at a distance. No her days of training all alone are over! Police did say this was becoming a trend here in Austin....

Thanks for listening a concerned mom!

This Katy and her dog, Angus! He would defend her with his life!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's a pretty tough little cookie, but this one really got to her, and the two girls that were with her were pretty shook up! I was really glad angus was with her...she also works a border collie there and he would not have been able to deter anyone...Angus can look a but rough when he wants to....

·
Registered
579 Posts
What a bunch of idiots! So sorry your daughter had to go through that....good grief, what is wrong with people today?! Glad your daughter is safe and hopefully they'll catch those morons before anything bad happens. Geez, what a sad world we live in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We live in Southern Texas and the police said we are seeing more and more of this type of situations...I just hope the issues do not effect Texas shen the BSL issue comes up...this is definately an owner issue!

·
Registered
579 Posts
We live in Southern Texas and the police said we are seeing more and more of this type of situations...I just hope the issues do not effect Texas shen the BSL issue comes up...this is definately an owner issue!
I wish we could just send people like this to an island far, far away....better yet, a planet in another galaxy. Just seems like people are getting ballsier and dumber every day.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
I wish we could just send people like this to an island far, far away....better yet, a planet in another galaxy. Just seems like people are getting ballsier and dumber every day.
Yeah They need their own island or planet with the rest of the scum of the earth..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Katy is a great kid and does not get flustered very easy, it was helpful that her two best friends were with her, and I know that must have helped...Now Mom...we'll although they are juvinals, I would like to shake them like rag dolls! Angus sure earned his kibble that day!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was the post that one of the girls posted on her myspace.....

Friday, November 07, 2008

2 pitt bulls incident
Current mood: nervous

okay so there are these 3 guys and me, my friend jordan and my friend katy were outside next to my neighborhood pool in a feild and there were these guys that came up one on a bike one walking and another guy came up and he was walking to the first guy that was walking had a pit bull and the guy on the bike had one too. and me and jordan and katy had a dog angus with us. so this guy climbed over the pool fence to fill up his water bottle and the the other guy was holding the pit bulls and they thought it was funny to try to get there dogs to fight ours sorta kinda i dont really know how to explain it but we were inside the area and there was a fence and they were on the other side of the fence and they were all laughing and stuff and just waiting there on other side of the fence. but while katy was sitting all the way on the other side of the feild and is trying to call her parents to try to get them to come to the feild which is right down the street from my house and no one would answer. so back to the guy getting water. he says to her "I can't wait to see your dog get his butt chewed" or something like that and so she is over there trying to get someone to answer their phone , which they wont. me and jordan are sitting standing over by the fence where the guys were and the pit bull are trying to get in the fence and the they finally leave. Katy is crying, me and jordan didn't know they were trying to do that but we were sorta freaked out i dont really know about jordan but i was. i was at the point where when i got home i was about to cry becuz if there was a fight between the dogs then me katy and jordan would be trying to stop it and we would've gotton really hurt like scratches, bruses, and bite marks so yeah. later i had to talk to the cops and one of the guys that was there looked really framiliar like he goes to my school and so yeah we had to discribe the all the guys and tell what they were on like what color was the bike blah blah blah and so yeah that was thefirst time i ever talked to a cop about like a bad insident or crime or something so yeah today was pretty weird day today also other stuff at school today was funny but that's another story:)) -peyton written: Nov.7-2008 on FRIDAY :)

:mad:My husband was at home, but because we have teenagers he swears that the phone is never for him and he won't pick it up! I was out walking my other pit and forgot my phone.....Needless to say her Daddy got his butt chewed out for about 2 hours....now that i think about it I'm mad all over!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
that is terrifiying!! about 1 week ago i was walking my dog in my neighborhood and i was approached byt this guy that was running and he wanted to use my phone (which i didnt have on me) he told me the police were looking for him and he wanted to call someone to get a ride...Peanut didnt do much i guess he tought things were fine i didnt think anything of it at the time until i got home and a police helicopter was circling really low inside my neighborhood. i sent my husband a message about it (hes a marine in iraq thats how i get to tell him about anything) he told me i need to start carrying his OC "just incase" for the future you never know what someones intention is or what they are capable of. I havent walked Peanut yet since that day. Is it possible to get your daughter some OC (pepper spray) i have even seen a small can of it in petsmart that has a picture of a german shepard on it. I think i want to get Peanut in schutzhund (sp) training when hes a little older so that in the future he can reconize a "iffy" situation and react if needed.

I am glad your daughter is okay though. Sad the world comes to that sometimes

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yah, even though I have Nevaeh when I go walking, I always carry OC spray, and a pocket knife, because believe me, if someone ever tried to jump me, I would use the spray and I wouldn't stop there, I can guarantee that!!! I would be the most HA "bia" that you have ever met. Lol, but I am sweet**bats her lashes** I got out of the Army a couple years ago after my term, I was an MP Corrections Officer and I have learned not to take any crap! When my daughter gets older and if she ever EVER has to encounter anything like that, my @$$ would be in prison for gutting someone inside out, but I won't get into all the gory details.

Sorry I just got fired up for people like this that don't deserve life itself!!! I am sorry for your daughter and hopefully she never has to go through that ever again. :)

·
Banned
2,128 Posts
cant you carry a gun in texas? if i could i would in california. it stays in my trunk. i seem to be a magnet for idiotic thugish behavior. i think the bullets they dug out of my chest proves that. Now i am much more cautios about who is at the door and where i go at night and where i walk my dog. Police dont help anybody. A community has to stand together to stop thugs from terrorizing them. put up posters and flyers telling everyone in your community about this. tell the papers. and above all excercise your 2nd ammendment rights.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well kudos to you and your fam I would have def handled that different. I would have been in my car hunting them down my self .. I think I might be HA
Don't think I didn't, I drove for about an hour looking for them, and my husband was livid and went out immediantly! I think becasue of their age they went home and we lost them....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There has been a neighborhood watch and all of the kids her age were there, We had the police patroling all day today and that was a real secure feeling, but as we all know that will stop eventually. Yes we can take a class to carry a gun, and I am signing up right away. I work my dogs in the same field at night when it is quiet and I too have no issue seeing to it that I am safe....Also inthestate of Texas you can turn your dog loose on someone to protect yourself or your property....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts