happen, I am raising him right

And now my dog is paying the ultimate price; Because I was
stubborn and wouldn't take the advice

He only did what he was bred to do; Learn from our story;
don't let it happen to you.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
great post, hopefully it opens some peoples eyes who are maybe in denial right now.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
WOW, that's a great poem :) Did you write it? Thanks for posting. Can I share it?

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
perfect! lol thanks!!! :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
true that. im stealing this.
to really be an advocate for this breed you have to recognize every potential scenario/ event/ situation and avoid them or know how to handle it. i may print this poem, laminate it and go post it down @ the local dog park lol and possibly near the lady's house who let her pitbull run out the front door on halloween night. she shut the freakin door...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Its a truly beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing. Its an unfortunate and sad fact. But who said life was fair. If we love our dogs we accept everything that comes along with them. Including all the ignoramus' that follow suit. I'm definitely showing that poem to all the people I know.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
true that. im stealing this.
to really be an advocate for this breed you have to recognize every potential scenario/ event/ situation and avoid them or know how to handle it. i may print this poem, laminate it and go post it down @ the local dog park lol and possibly near the lady's house who let her pitbull run out the front door on halloween night. she shut the freakin door...
Great idea!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need Advice on Adopting a Second Pitbull

This poem was beautiful, sad, and so true. I am now raising my 3rd pitbull-my first female and have only had one at a time. I buried my male pitbull a couple of years ago at 12 years old n it broke my heart. I am now contemplating adopting a male pitbull as a companion for my female, but have never had 2 pitbulls under the same roof at the same time, except for socialization visits. She is very dog friendly, unlike the 2 males I previously raised. So I'm not sure how another male would get along with her full time. Does anyone on here have experience with this issue?? Thanks so much!!

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
same thing happend to my family only it was a person and a german shepherd!!!

I was in tears!!!!,that same thing happend to my doggie only some lady was sticking her head in my fence not getting my attention, my german shepherd saw it as her trying to hurt my daughter since she was by the gate,and attacked her in the neck.We raised our dog right always took him to the vet always was training with him and gave him tons of attention also had him neautered.but animal control saw him as a dangerous dog and told us we had to euthenize him.always always watch your baby especialy when having a big breed not saying a poodle don't bite but if animal control had to pick which dog is dangerous of coarse they would pick the bigger breed over fluffy.Now were bringing our new baby home November 26th he is a lab/pitbull mix and deffently know what to do with this baby had to learn the hard way but atleast we learned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wonderful story. I have accepted that dog parks are not in my pup's future as much as I wish they could be. I've considered perhaps with a muzzle but as much as that could help it may further the stereotypes so I'm at an impasse.

In any case, good fuckin luck taking my dog from me, only will if I'm in cuffs going with him.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Wonderful story. I have accepted that dog parks are not in my pup's future as much as I wish they could be. I've considered perhaps with a muzzle but as much as that could help it may further the stereotypes so I'm at an impasse.

In any case, good fuckin luck taking my dog from me, only will if I'm in cuffs going with him.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I hear ya. I don't think it's fair to your dog to take him somewhere another dog you don't know and he can't defend himself. Maybe their dog should be in a muzzle but they haven't don't that and he attacks your pup and now they are unable to defend themselves. I'm not saying it is or is not a good way to try and get your dog around others safely. Just same rules apply don't do it with strange dogs or owners you don't know.

Sent from Petguide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts