Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this puppy last week and he is a real problem child.
Yesterday I was laying on the ground and he walked up and barked directly into my ear at point blank range.

WTF?? Who does that!! My whole head was ringing for five seconds.
He is such a jerk.

And now look what he's up to today, trying to tear the tag off my mattress!!

It's really upsetting to see such flagrant disregard for the law in my own house.
He is a jerk AND a a delinquent :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yesterday I was laying on the ground and he walked up and barked directly into my ear at point blank range.

He is such a jerk.

It's really upsetting to see such flagrant disregard for the law in my own house.
That dog needs plenty of toys to play with...especially chew toys...and where possible a like minded buddy to play with to drain his energy...my dogs stay outside during the day...

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
They are quite a handful when puppy...mine is now 4 monts old and seems to be settling down now...divert the puppy's attention from your personal stuff with toys and playing with the pup

Zoey at almost 5 months...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm changing his name from Linken to Zap.
He's like an electric fence, every time someone touches him they get zapped "Ouch!"

I had some guests over yesterday and he was going a little crazy attack their feet and legs, they called him a monster and I had to put him in time out to calm down.

·
Super Moderator
5,297 Posts
This behavior needs to be dealt with, correctly. You might want to consider a basic behavior class.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've only had him for two weeks, we are still developing our bond. He will get better with time.

We had a near disaster last night, I had a rug hanging to air out after he had diarrhea on it.
Then he bolted across the room while I was in the bathroom and slid on the wood part of the floor and hurt his front shoulder.

He was hurting last night and couldn't walk but thankfully this morning he seems fine, walking and playing, you wouldn't know he hurt his shoulder yesterday.
Got a bunch of extra rugs so that doesn't happen again and we are gonna take it easy for a few days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The wink is for him to enjoy Heaven...as dogs are also created by God they also have a place to be after life...

Sent from my H3311 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts

He is such a jerk.

is this your first block head? If so, you will want to change ge your approach to addressing behavior, and corrections. Your dog was wanting your attention because they get bored quickly, and demand high powered play. Do not tease, play keep away, or show anger, experss disappointment in the dog, addressing behavior, but love the dog. These animals run circles around untrained humans, and will challenge you and give their owners an education. They respond favorably to kindness, trust, patience, understanding, and forgiveness. Forget everything about Alpha, demanding obediance, and strict or any correction that includes punishment. Do not yell at them, brow beat them, or show any anger or aggressive potential from you. They can be the goofiness and playful people and dog friendly creatures ever, or become the poster dog for the worst, most unpredictable pit bull the media hypes. If an owner is unable to show unconditional love, expect a them to refuse to obey, and possibly to show their unhappiness through destructive behaviors. Good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is this your first block head? If so, you will want to change ge your approach to addressing behavior, and corrections. Your dog was wanting your attention because they get bored quickly, and demand high powered play. Do not tease, play keep away, or show anger, experss disappointment in the dog, addressing behavior, but love the dog. These animals run circles around untrained humans, and will challenge you and give their owners an education. They respond favorably to kindness, trust, patience, understanding, and forgiveness. Forget everything about Alpha, demanding obediance, and strict or any correction that includes punishment. Do not yell at them, brow beat them, or show any anger or aggressive potential from you. They can be the goofiness and playful people and dog friendly creatures ever, or become the poster dog for the worst, most unpredictable pit bull the media hypes. If an owner is unable to show unconditional love, expect a them to refuse to obey, and possibly to show their unhappiness through destructive behaviors. Good luck!
he gets frustrated really quickly and will yell/bark at me when it happens.
I'm working on building trust but that times time, I did have one before.

I think I have been giving him too much freedom since im home 24/7 so I started crate training him now when im using the computer. As you can see he totally loves it

And a couple pics from today

1 - 17 of 17 Posts