Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take good care of my dogs teeth and besides going to the vet and having them clean their teeth, I was wondering what all of you do for mantinence cleanings at home to keep the plaque away? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Raw bones, we just give them these to chew on keeps there teeth and gums healthy and keeps them busy for a bit.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I get dental tooth scalers the ones with the wide, flat, angled heads and take the plaque off myself. Saves having the vet charge an arm and leg for something I can teach my dog to tolerate. You have to be careful when you do the teeth but you can learn to do them yourself and train your dog to accept it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Raw bones, we just give them these to chew on keeps there teeth and gums healthy and keeps them busy for a bit.
My dog started cracking teeth on hard bones; almost as expensive as teeth cleaning. h1 4n
I get dental tooth scalers the ones with the wide, flat, angled heads and take the plaque off myself. Saves having the vet charge an arm and leg for something I can teach my dog to tolerate. You have to be careful when you do the teeth but you can learn to do them yourself and train your dog to accept it.
How do you clean under the gumline?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts