Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dewormed my puppie yesterday. The dewormer I got from petco it is called evict, It is a liquid type that is Pyrantel. My dog is 8 weeks as of wednesday 4/6/11. since my dog has never been dewormed should i do weekly dose's or just 2 week intervals?

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
I just dewormed my puppie yesterday. The dewormer I got from petco it is called evict, It is a liquid type that is Pyrantel. My dog is 8 weeks as of wednesday 4/6/11. since my dog has never been dewormed should i do weekly dose's or just 2 week intervals?
Isn't your pup going to the vet for it's shots anyways? Why waste your money on buying your own when the vets can deworm for you. From what I remember when taking my pup to my vet it was 3 or 4 week interval. But I had her stool tested before she got dewormed again. I would consult with a vet professional before using over the counter stuff like that.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Evict is a good wormer and I use it on my pups when they are born. It is very important not to over dose dogs so go with the 2 weeks dosage as recommended. When you take your pup in the get vaccinated it would be a good idea to get a stool sample done to make sure your pup is not carrying a worm that the evict does not take care of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.