Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what kind of schedule you guys run for deworming , and what you use for deworming , is there anything out there that will cover it all?
Was looking online today trying to find ivermectine in my area { feed stores are an hour away } we have been using heart guard and giving monthly , but then found this interesting site that says really becasue of my area I only need to be treating between the months july and november and even then it could be every 3 months and goes on to explain the life stages of heart worm and how this monthly deworming isnt needed { unless living in florida or texas } ???
We also give strongid T at the vets every 3 months for round and hookworms { i thought was covering tapeworms but what i read today says otherwise} am I better of switching to panacur? or is there anything better for treating them all at once?

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Panacur C or Safe Guard will treat all types of intestinal worms I only use it once a year but I use the pyrantel on adult dog's every 6 months.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you think i should just stop the strongid t? and do panacur? and only once a year thats alot less then what im having to do strongid. thanks for the link I seen the one PK had posted about the ivermectine but couldnt get the 2nd page to come up and only had the american flag so thinking they wouldnt ship to me anyways. Ill check out amazon here.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
You don't need to do panacur c every month you really only need to use it if whipworms and tapeworms are present or if you suspect Coccidia or Giardia. I do it once a year just to be on the safe side with adult dogs but really roundworms and hookworms are the most common in dogs which the strongid t will get. Also if your using the Ivomec for heart guard monthly that will also get GI worms as well it will also help with fleas and lice and ticks. I wouldn't do Panacur C monthly once a year or as needed should suffice.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great , thank you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts