Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used food grade diatomaceous earth on their pet for flea and tick prevention? If so, how often do you apply? Or do you just put some in the pet's food? Suggestions for a specific brand? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
it works by drying out the fleas, killing them. it works best if you have hard floors so you only need to put it under the space between the floor and base boards, if you have carpet--forget it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone used food grade diatomaceous earth on their pet for flea and tick prevention? If so, how often do you apply? Or do you just put some in the pet's food? Suggestions for a specific brand? Thanks in advance.
you put in their bedding or tell the dog to go in the cage and dust him/her. it works excellent but if your dog gets wet at all you will have to reapply it. i use it once a week and never get fleas or ticks. i use to spend a bundle of pet armor/frontline. use food grade because dogs lick themselves. put your hand over their eyes when dusting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you put in their bedding or tell the dog to go in the cage and dust him/her. it works excellent but if your dog gets wet at all you will have to reapply it. i use it once a week and never get fleas or ticks. i use to spend a bundle of pet armor/frontline. use food grade because dogs lick themselves. put your hand over their eyes when dusting.
Thanks Versatile...I will definitely try your suggestion in terms of applying it in her cage. I now live in western NC...the ticks are pretty bad here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts