Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the past couple months ive noticed koda's front paws when he stands and sometimes sits they point outword. i am wondering if this could be something genetic or did i do something? i did not over exercise him when he was younger and i feed him Caniade ALS, is there anything i can do to help i would just hate to see them get worse with age and become a bigger problem. any imput is appreciated:)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
do you have a picture? could be easty westy paws or knucking from what you described. I think easty westy is something you can't change, but it could be knuckling and there are tons of threads on it. Sometimes genetics makes them knuckle if you feed them to much protein. (among other reasons)

here is one:

http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/38634-question-about-pup.html

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Sounds like he is just easty/westy to me :) He will be fine, it's nothing you did he just isn't "perfect" ;) But who is LOL! How old is he?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Genetics is a major contributor in dogs that are turned out in the front; however, overfeeding can also be a culprit. Pups who are overfed are often fat, which adds excess stress to their frame.Their bones are not strong enough to support the excess weight and it causes skeletal issues such as their front assembly turning in or out. Not saying your dog is fat I am just telling you that is one way it happens.

Correct fronts are the hardest structural trait to keep in any family of dogs and once correct fronts are lost from the gene pool, they are very difficult, if not impossible, to recover because skeletal defects are the hardest thing to change.

Is this what you are talking about... Does your dog look similar to this?

http://www.gopitbull.com/bullies-101/33292-correct-fronts-vs-ew-bullies-bred-abkc-standard.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts