Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonight i was thinking about this. the more and more time i spend on internet forums interacting with various dog owners i start to feel like there is just such a huge difference between not only our dogs but ourselves as owners. you have your rescue people, your show dog people, your bully people, your what i call casual owners who just happen to have a dog, and your game dog people like me. it occurs to me that some of the "rules" i have about dogs just might not apply to other types of dogs and their owners. for example, the topic of socialization has come up on here a lot lately. when i was a kid my family had game dogs, true bulldogs. this was before all those people breeding that type of dog in my area shut down operations due to legal issues. where i came from socialization of your dog was a joke. if you let it go anywhere near another dog, there was going to be a fight, bottom line. now with so many "pit bull" type dogs out there that probably isnt the case with everyone.

now on to my next point and other reason i wanted to make this thread. i think that out of all the dog forums ive joined, creeped, trolled :) whatever, this is by far the best. every other forum ive been to seemed to be run by a certain type of dog owner and isnt the most tolerant of any others. this particular forum just has a better variety of owners (to me at least) and is more open to different types of people and dogs. keep up the good work ladies and gents!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Thats why I have stayed here for the many years I have. I own a little bit of everything and like pretty much all animals in general so I love a forum were we not only have many bully breeds, but also other breeds and a variety of animals as well like reptiles. We are a good group that can just share whatever we have without a certain "type" that you have to have to be "in" and get any comments on your thread lol.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same here. ive always been an animal person, dogs arent my only pets. ive seen some posts made on here that i KNOW would just invite nonstop flaming on other forums and its nice to see that people can come here and talk dogs with a wide variety of people with little chance of coming away feeling burned. on some forums i just know that my posts are going to be met with some harsh criticism but not so much here.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
LOL I know .. this forum is really nice and tolerant compared to a few other's I belong to. That's why when people complain and say we are mean here I am like are you kidding me??? LOL This place is a saint compared to many others.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL I know .. this forum is really nice and tolerant compared to a few other's I belong to. That's why when people complain and say we are mean here I am like are you kidding me??? LOL This place is a saint compared to many others.
yeah i try to be nice to everyone online, even the ones i think are idiots. one thing ive learned in life is just because you might know more about one topic than some people, in this case dogs, doesnt mean you should try and belittle that person. i know plenty of smart people than know squat about dogs and could easily humble me on many topics. no reason to act superior cause i might have more experience with a pooch.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
this really is a great forum like me i came here to learn just about the breed in general, but i'm learning alot more, my next adventure will be teaching my dog how to be a catch dog so when i go visit the inlaws we can go huntin (i'd love for him to be able to dispatch a boar, but i think that's wishful thinking).

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I was honestly afraid of trying out this site, because I thought I would get flamed for having a rescued Pit. (It's happened. Seriously-- some jerk said that she wasn't worth :poop: since she wasn't "papered", so we should just have her PTS, because she would never amount to anything.)
I am an all around animal lover. :D We have the dogs, Keira and Caesar, 2 cats, a Ball Python, and a Betta (Siamese Fighting Fish). I don't care if my Pit is "game"... all I care about is that she is healthy and happy.
I like this forum because everyone is so friendly! And a gathering this large of so many experienced people is hard to come by.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I was honestly afraid of trying out this site, because I thought I would get flamed for having a rescued Pit. (It's happened. Seriously-- some jerk said that she wasn't worth :poop: since she wasn't "papered", so we should just have her PTS, because she would never amount to anything.)
I am an all around animal lover. :D We have the dogs, Keira and Caesar, 2 cats, a Ball Python, and a Betta (Siamese Fighting Fish). I don't care if my Pit is "game"... all I care about is that she is healthy and happy.
I like this forum because everyone is so friendly! And a gathering this large of so many experienced people is hard to come by.
:clap: Good for you for rescuing. You just never know your pup may have a ped, and even if she doesn't that doesn't make her worthless. My boy Dosia is a rescue. One day Ryan was down at the tattoo shop, I stayed home that day, having a totally normal day and all of a sudden this girl came walking in with a tiny pup. She told him her boyfriends brother bought him a week ago and was abusing him, she said he almost died so she took him. I had been talking about getting another APBT since my last one was killed, R.I.P. Cray. I had Dosia for a long time before I found his breeders. Come to find out this dog actually has a nice ped. He is registered to the first owner and he was neutered before we found the breeders so I don't have his papers but who cares. He is still my working dog :) He will be doing WP under a LP, and we've been getting ready for Dock Diving as well. The dog makes the dog, not the papers. You could have a dog with a nice ped that :poop: out quick and a non ped dog that can go all day. Every dog makes it's own path :)

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
yep! love it for this reason though! I find it especially hard talking on other forums, owning a petbull that is game bred :)

I love you guys (girls) :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
tonight i was thinking about this. the more and more time i spend on internet forums interacting with various dog owners i start to feel like there is just such a huge difference between not only our dogs but ourselves as owners. you have your rescue people, your show dog people, your bully people, your what i call casual owners who just happen to have a dog, and your game dog people like me. it occurs to me that some of the "rules" i have about dogs just might not apply to other types of dogs and their owners. for example, the topic of socialization has come up on here a lot lately. when i was a kid my family had game dogs, true bulldogs. this was before all those people breeding that type of dog in my area shut down operations due to legal issues. where i came from socialization of your dog was a joke. if you let it go anywhere near another dog, there was going to be a fight, bottom line. now with so many "pit bull" type dogs out there that probably isnt the case with everyone.

now on to my next point and other reason i wanted to make this thread. i think that out of all the dog forums ive joined, creeped, trolled :) whatever, this is by far the best. every other forum ive been to seemed to be run by a certain type of dog owner and isnt the most tolerant of any others. this particular forum just has a better variety of owners (to me at least) and is more open to different types of people and dogs. keep up the good work ladies and gents!
I know that is how it was back in pre 1976 and really that's a shame but I understand the mentality. I have real bulldogs and I love when I have picked up new dogs off yards that the owners always say I will never be able to make this game bred APBT do what I want it to do and it won't b able to do sports because of the DA. I love that I can take any game bred APBT from a pup ( that is important!) and mold them into what I want. We all know the DA is still there but with training and socializing they are the best working dogs hands down. Not every owner can do that with these dogs but because I have had them for so long it really has become a science to raising them. My biggest struggle has been Barca but that is because he did not live with me in his most important months of his life. He is DA is in check but his toy drive is so over the top the owner I co-own him with really mess that part up. There are many people like me who have been able to raise these dogs and go on to do great things with them in sports. when it comes to managing DA it really is on how you raise them and how you can keep even the most DA dog under control.

I know this is off topic a bit from your OP but I just had to say that!

We do have a great forum but still it is not a fit for just anyone. If you are rude and disrespectful you do not belong here, on the other hand if you are too soft of a person and cannot take constructive criticism then you will have a hard time on any forum. Don't take things personal we are all here for the betterment of the breed.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Some of my best working APBT's are rescues with no papers. Who ever said that is a real idiot and knows nothing of dogs.... Good for you for rescuing, there are so many out there that need good homes.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
This is the same reason I'm on this forum as well.I've tried several other forums and either just didn't feel as at home as I do here or I didn't have the right kind of dog to really participate in too much.I find that I fit in here so well because I like most of the people,we act like one big family for the most part.And I like apbt's,amstaff's,and bullies.So this is the perfect place for me.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
This is the same reason I'm on this forum as well.I've tried several other forums and either just didn't feel as at home as I do here or I didn't have the right kind of dog to really participate in too much.I find that I fit in here so well because I like most of the people,we act like one big family for the most part.And I like apbt's,amstaff's,and bullies.So this is the perfect place for me.
:rofl: OMG your siggy is killin me! That's too funny :rofl:

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh yea you should totally leave it. It cracks me up every time I read one of your posts :)

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lmaoo Lisa ya gotta leave the siggy, I bust out lmaoooo everytime I see it :D

And this is one of two foruma I belong too, both pit bull forums :D I lOVE it here, best place to be :D

awww HUGSSSSSS to all

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
LMAO I know right, It seriously makes me giggle every time :D
Tye I agree this is the best forum. I love you guys (mega hugs) :D

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Mega Hugs to all, and yeah I seriously rofl when Isaw it the first time, I had to do a double take :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts