Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister found a puppy that belonged to her neighbors. the mom and dad are suppose to be pure bred pits. the puppy was malnourished and abused so she kept it and gave it to me. How do i find out that its pure bred and get the puppy registered? he is still very young i just couldnt give it back to the same people that were treating it bad. i have a registered female who is pretending to be the pups mom even though she hasnt had pups herself. so i need to get this doen & get the pup to the vet but i also dont even know how old the pup is but he is very little.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
There is no DNA testing that tell what breed or breeds a dog is. DNA profiling can be done of registered dogs. You can't get papers or legitimate registration for a dog of unknown heritage. Have the dog spayed/neutered and just enjoy him/her.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you only need papers if you plan on showing or breeding ,this pup imsure would make a great pet , you can take it to the vet the vet can guestimate the age and still treat the pup even if you dont know the exact age. Id fix it and give it a really good home. DAN is only used to determine the dog is off who it is suppose to be off , kinda deters from paper hanging it doesnt tell you if you have a pure bred or what lines are in it , just used for parental testing pretty much { how i was explained about DNA}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts