Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walk my mut a lot and he still gets the zomies do these dog out grow them??
I love the dog he is nice but its starting to get to me in a way I wish I never got him. He is spoiled lol. I don't wanna sound mean but if I could find a new home this week he might be gone my mom said no lol.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Aww man, really? Zoomies are the best imo. I don't think dogs totally outgrow them. Mine all get them from time to time. Is it the zoomies bothering you specifically?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Zoomies are awesome I live them and hope my boy doesn't outgrow them. He hasn't yet and he is 5. Although I did read zoomies are a confidence or lack of confidence issue not sure I believe it though.

Sent from Petguide.com App so please excuse the typos

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
i read that title as "do dogs grow out of zombies?" LMAO too much FB and zombie stuffs for me lololol

but yeah i dont think so. and yeah i like zoomies :p they can be entertaining.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Zoomies are awesome I live them and hope my boy doesn't outgrow them. He hasn't yet and he is 5. Although I did read zoomies are a confidence or lack of confidence issue not sure I believe it though.

Sent from Petguide.com App so please excuse the typos
Oh, I hope that's not true!

I can't see how it could be a lack of confidence issue... Our boy didn't do it when we first adopted him, but started about a year later. He was playing with my son and just started running in big circles around the den with a huge goofy smile on his face! Seems to me that would be a building of confidence, not a lack of. He finally did it outside this weekend with my sister's puppy in the front yard... it was amazingly cute & had me laughing with tears running down my face.

Pobs is around 5-7 yrs old, and I really hope he never stops this. To me it's a sign of a happy dog!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Yeah i don't believe its a lack of confidence either, but rather a display of sheer happiness or excitement. Cookie does it everyday when she comes in from using the bathroom, and ices and roller do it on their chain spots when they get taken out and have relieved themselves. I can't recall ever owning a dog that hasn't had the zoomies and i know my old mutt girl who is 12 yrs old and lives with my ex husband still gets the zoomies at her age.

Mobile.....at the moment....on petguide.com app

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
If you want your dog to outgrow being happy, then maybe the dog is better off with someone else.
That's a bit melodramatic :rolleyes:

I love Xena's zoomies, she runs in circles around the yard with the funniest look on her face! Eko had them when he was a puppy, too. He doesn't do it anymore, it's an individual dog thing. Enjoy them while they last, when your dog is gone I bet you will miss the zoomies. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's a bit melodramatic :rolleyes:

I love Xena's zoomies, she runs in circles around the yard with the funniest look on her face! Eko had them when he was a puppy, too. He doesn't do it anymore, it's an individual dog thing. Enjoy them while they last, when your dog is gone I bet you will miss the zoomies. :(
The OP states that he/she wants to get rid of the dog, it's not me being dramatic.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
The OP states that he/she wants to get rid of the dog, it's not me being dramatic.
The way you said it was dramatic, OP seems to be a kid and didn't understand zoomies are more out of happiness than energy, so he doesn't want the dog to outgrow being happy, just out of the excess energy, which is understandable. I don't think the dog is getting rehomed if the mom said no.

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
Zoomies are the best and a daily source of laughter for me. As has already been stated, enjoy them and enjoy the fact the your dog is happy and healthy enough to experience this burst of energy.

Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts