Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... without me knowing Lily ingested this rope thing from a blanket...I didn't know she had until she went to the restroom today. She couldn't even get it out and I had to pull it out by hand twice... the first piece was about 6 inches long and the second was nearly 2 feet. I am concerned that my pulling it out of her bottom may cause damage as there was a bunch of yellow liquid dripping from her? Should I take her to a vet to make sure there isn't any left inside? I gave her some oil to help her pass any more that may be inside her but I think its mostly out... she only passed it because she accidently ate corn and it gave her the poops. I'm very worried. Help is appreciated. Also, she is acting lively and normal now that the objects are out. Immediately following she was wimpering and hiding though... and licking her behind a lot...

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
So... without me knowing Lily ingested this rope thing from a blanket...I didn't know she had until she went to the restroom today. She couldn't even get it out and I had to pull it out by hand twice... the first piece was about 6 inches long and the second was nearly 2 feet. I am concerned that my pulling it out of her bottom may cause damage as there was a bunch of yellow liquid dripping from her? Should I take her to a vet to make sure there isn't any left inside? I gave her some oil to help her pass any more that may be inside her but I think its mostly out... she only passed it because she accidently ate corn and it gave her the poops. I'm very worried. Help is appreciated. Also, she is acting lively and normal now that the objects are out. Immediately following she was wimpering and hiding though... and licking her behind a lot...
Its probably over with, i would just monitor her situation at least through the first feeding tomorrow, if stool returns back to normal and all other signs are good than no need to waste money on a vet.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
:goodpost: the yellow stuff was poop you did not hurt her or you would see blood. I pulled 3 feet of a sweat shirt out of one of my dogs once..... totally gross and I had no idea how she did not get blocked from eating a shirt. It was cold and I have her my sweat shirt to lay on for a little bit till the blankets got done washing and she ATE IT! lol If you notice your girl vomiting as soon as she eats or drinking anything more than once then I might worry about a blockage. All you can do now is just watch the poop and wait. Oil was a good idea to help with passage just don't give too much. I would not treat her with anything and just watch how she acts and poops.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well she did vomit on Friday after eating... and I thought it was because she was on her second set of coccidia meds but it was probably because she had a blockage I didn't know about. I'm super glad to know I don't have to go to the vet. I think they're sick of us over there anyways... :D thank you for the help!

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
i too have pulled string like material out.. WARNING!!! DANGER!!! its advised to just take the pet in to get the "milkshake" for them .. its a milky subtance that coats and pushes everything through... IF THERE IS BLOCKAGE ... emergency surgery is imminent. I've also set in on several of these.. I've seen in one dog, tennis ball X3, panies X17, tootbrush pieces, wood chips ?ofwhat?, and feminine products.. along with pen caps, erasers.. etc.. ALOT.. .. dog pooped a string and the owner pulled it out, the dog puked and quit eating.. obivously something he had never done before (quit eating)..

anyway.. be carefull and know your limits.. sometimes a lil string is nothing and some times it tells a bigger story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts