Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do it matters if your dog is reg with the ukc, akc, adba ,or abkc. I was talking to a breeder today he said since his puppies were ukc he can sale them for more. is this true or is he full of bs

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
well I think one of them closed the books to new dogs being registered, so maybe that's why he could charge more? no idea, curious to see a response from someone as well. I always thought it was how the dog placed and what not, not just being registered that places the value higher...-

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id pay more for a regestered pup then I would for a paperless pup but thats just me , I dont trust people who say they are purebred without seeing the papers. The only regestries I would want are the ones you mentioned , the CKC and similar to those dont mean nothing IMO.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
If you are a breeder or show or both then yes it matters. Each club has their own standard and depending on the individual's preference then the importance of each of those registries will vary. Of course papered dogs are going to be worth more because it is proof they are (allegedly) pure bred. Any breeder that gives the option to buy a dog with or without papers and charges more for the papered dogs is a shady BYB. Papers do not cost extra.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I think that The Ukc is more well know than the ADBA and that is why some people will pay more for a dog registered with them. i met a lady at petsmart one time and she was all crazy about the dog needing to be registered with the UKC. When i asked her why she could not even tell me a single thing about the registry. I think it just boils down to people being uneducated. It all depends on the type of dog you want as to witch registry is for you IMO.

·
Registered
287 Posts
personally i would prefer the adba over all the more common registries you listed since i feel they adhere a little more to the original breed standard. now i deal with the SDR. their pedigrees just look awesome :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts