Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people got their APBT through the canine good citizen test? also list which levels of Obedience classes your APBT has completed. I am curous thx

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Loki is my old girl. She got her CGC when she was a year old, and got her TT (temperament title) when she was maybe 3. She got her UCD (UKC novice obedience title) when she was 4 I think. She got one leg on her UCDX (UKC open level obedience title) last year, and hopefully will finish that up soon. She also got her URO1 (UKC rally 1 title) last year. As far as classes, we took one class for her CGC, and one class for her open obedience title. Most of our work has been on our own, training by ourselves or with friends.

Terra is my younger dog. She got her CGC in January, and got her SDC1 (ADBA SafeDog certificate) in April. She's going to try for a URO1 in June, and I might plunk her in a UCD class just to see how she does. She hasn't taken any formal classes, other than one freebie rally class that was a few weeks long at a local park.

Reactions: carson1391

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loki is my old girl. She got her CGC when she was a year old, and got her TT (temperament title) when she was maybe 3. She got her UCD (UKC novice obedience title) when she was 4 I think. She got one leg on her UCDX (UKC open level obedience title) last year, and hopefully will finish that up soon. She also got her URO1 (UKC rally 1 title) last year. As far as classes, we took one class for her CGC, and one class for her open obedience title. Most of our work has been on our own, training by ourselves or with friends.

Terra is my younger dog. She got her CGC in January, and got her SDC1 (ADBA SafeDog certificate) in April. She's going to try for a URO1 in June, and I might plunk her in a UCD class just to see how she does. She hasn't taken any formal classes, other than one freebie rally class that was a few weeks long at a local park.
Very interesting, thx for your post. Do you mind telling me how much some of them are? I really want my girl to get here TT and CGC

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
All my dogs have their CGC (except my pups) so that is 16 dogs with CGC. Some have TDI which is registered Therapy dogs. I have a few with UCD's and working on our CDX's. We have RO1's and working on our RO2. I also do Schutzhund, agility and a few other sports. CGC's are relatively easy to pass and cost under $20 after you test them and then send AKC $8 to get your Cert. If you can I suggest working with a trainer to help with your CGC and obed goals.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Yeah I want to say it was $10 for our CGC entries. (The tester was only charging $1 per dog for herself.) The TT was $25 or maybe 30. UKC show entries are $18-25 generally, depending on if you pre-enter or not. UKC obedience titles are 3 legs long, so depending on how many tries it takes you to get those legs...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i want to work with a trainer but i have to find one i likek and trust. I know my male would do pretty well but my female has amazing drive and is very immature and acts like a puppy. she listens to me but no ones else and she is friendly but when people walk by is always on alert and ignore me. i exercise when her the most and her stamina is unmeasurable. She has great potential I just need some help understanding her. she always is excied and follows me everywhere i go and constanly looks up at me. she is always fixated on me like she awaits orders...

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Apache, Patcheeno, Steel, Bodacious and Touche' have both their CGCs and are Certified Therapy Dogs. 4 are actively working at a variety of facilities and Apache who is 13 is retired.

Apache also has 3 agility titles.

Bodacious also has her ADBA Safe Dog 1. She was the only one with me at the show where the test was offered. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jesse is an ADBA Safe Dog (like Terra and Bodacious) and by his 6th birthday (July 30th) will be a Good Citizen...

Reactions: Patch-O-Pits

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Kane's taking a CGC class next week! It starts on Monday. Hopefully by the end of the six weeks, he'll have his CGC. :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Mikado was the first APBT in my area to pass the CGC and TDI. Vendetta had both of her too. Vendetta has taken puppy class, obedience 1, beginner agility, flyball ( beginner through team), tracking classes( looking for some to certify her in tracking) she also has taking rally classes. Vendetta has no papers so I can not show her but I love to train her.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Punisher has his CGC, he will be going for his TDI and TT later this year. He also has his URO2 title and 1 leg on his UCD, in the protection sports and tournaments he competes in they all have high levels of obed in them too.

Reactions: MY MIKADO
1 - 18 of 18 Posts