Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
When we first got out pup she was in her crate every night. Then all of a sudden when I would fall asleep my boyfriend would let her in the bed (every night) .. So needless to say I can no longer sleep with out her even if she takes up all my room and leaves me to sleep in a little ball!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I crate trained at night and day until I trusted he wouldn't be a problem. I never let him on the bed first. I need to call him up to bed, he isn't allowed I go in MY bed without me inviting him. He can't think it's his bed. I also randomly kick him off when he hogs the covers or sneaks under them. Eff that crap!

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Sheba sleeps with us but Cain is still in his kennel because he likes to sneak in the closet and get stuff out sometimes lol. But when my husband stays up later than me I let him lay with me in bed and he sleeps there for an hour before ditching me to go hang out with everyone haha. Eventually we will move to letting him sleep in the bed but it'll probably be a while

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nope, none of our dogs sleep with us. They're all kept crated at night.

On occasion, when the husband works extra late, I'll let the Dane in bed with me until he gets home. I don't trust my neighbors and she makes me feel safe :thumbsup:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Crixus, Xena, Scorch, Barca, and Mae get turns sleeping in the bed. HoneyBunch and Francis get the majority of nights in the bed and can sleep together with me. I have to leave my bedroom door open or it gets cold, so only the dogs that are trusted to stay in bed all night get the privilege. If someone isn't settling down when I go to bed, they get about 15 mins and if they don't go to sleep they get crated and someone else gets the turn. I get very few hours a night of sleep so I have to have a dog that will stay still and not wake me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We crated Tika until she could hold her bladder all night, about 3 months, and now she sleeps all night with us. She usually goes to sleep before we do, and we have to actually carry her to bed.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
mine take turns sleeping in bed although 90% of the time it is crush or luna . Cali prefers to sleep with the kids on her nights out .. The rest are all crate trained and are crated at night inside.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
when i sleep alone Odin will come lay with me. but when my BF is home theres not much room and Odin is usually kicked to the couch. but like right now, Kenny went to sleep early and Odin is in layin with him as i type. but when i go to bed, he will move to the couch.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
My husband and I work different schedules, I am just going to bed a bit before he gets home from work so Loki stays in bed with me until he gets home, and when I get up in the morning Loki crawls in bed with my husband. However when it is both us humans in bed Loki is banished to his dog bed on the bedroom floor.

I keep telling my husband we need a king sized bed so we can just fit everyone on it ;)

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
All 3 of mine start the night out on their crib mattress on the floor. But I swear the second we are asleep they all jump up onto the bed. 2 humans, plus 2 60 lbs dogs and 1 35lb dog on a queen makes for lots of kicking at the dogs during the night lol. You'd think they'd learn to just stay on their bed... but nope. Must be in bed with us.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Yeah bed size makes a big difference. I snagged a brand spanking new CA King for $20 when a furniture store went out of business.

·
Registered
111 Posts
NO! Lol, I adore my sleep, and have a hard enough time getting any just sharing my bed with my husband lol. Wallie is allowed on the bed with us as we are watching TV before bed, but once the light goes out he's banished to the love seat lol. Which isn't a bad deal on his part lol.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Yeah bed size makes a big difference. I snagged a brand spanking new CA King for $20 when a furniture store went out of business.
Yeah ur lucky. My lil queen bed, mr toss and turn Kenny and 75lb cover anchor makes for one heckuva hard nights sleep... lol

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Lol @ cover anchor. when we let Loki snuggle he insists on being in the middle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I crate trained at night and day until I trusted he wouldn't be a problem. I never let him on the bed first. I need to call him up to bed, he isn't allowed I go in MY bed without me inviting him. He can't think it's his bed. I also randomly kick him off when he hogs the covers or sneaks under them. Eff that crap!
I'm the same way they sleep on the floor in their beds when they come up and I haven't told them to do so they get shoved right off the bed and told to lay down in their beds if they don't listen then its to the kennel they go. Most times they listen they are very good In the house now

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
That's what I paid for my king mattress too. A good friend had it new and she never used it so she sold it to me. Unfortunately Sheba still takes up half of it lol. I normally end up pinned between her and my husband by morning. And while we are sleeping she lets herself under the covers in turn hogging all but enough for me. She normally gets booted at that point because we both wake up(my husband to being cold and me to him ripping the blanket lol). But she comes back once were asleep again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I always let my dogs sleep to their crate. That is the reason why I bought stuffs for them. I love my pets but I would not let them sleep on my bed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts