Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was a rescue dog and they reckoned he was beagle and labrador, but we took him because of his fantastic personality. He loves being around us, is loyal, gentle, and obedient.

On the flip side he hates cats with a passion, and sees other woodland creatures as snack time, but that's OK he doesnt get out of hand.

Everyone we meet thinks he has some bully, but I don't know the breed so well. Hes around 2, weighs about 50lb and is a beautiful red.

If they make them like him, then they should keep making them. :pup:

What do you think?

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
did they adopt him out as a bull terrier lab mix?

Or are you just inquiring?

APBT/Lab mix most likley..

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
No way of knowing with an unknown.. If i had to guess i don't see APBT, American Bully or Bull Terrier.. I can see the labrador with some tree hound or even **** hound depending on height.. Crosses can look a lot like breeds they are not so its impossible to know 100%..

I would just call him a mutt or shelter dog.. Avoid political crossfire and no need to group your dog with other breeds when you have no idea what he is..

Beagle is laughable.

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did they adopt him out as a bull terrier lab mix?

Or are you just inquiring?

APBT/Lab mix most likley..
He was adopted out as a beagle/lab mix but that doesn't concern me, they helped us find the right dog to suit all our needs, which was the important thing.

I've just had quite a few comments on him, and seeing the odd pic (such as the below) billed as a pitbull made me curious.

He is our dog now, for life. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way of knowing with an unknown.. If i had to guess i don't see APBT, American Bully or Bull Terrier.. I can see the labrador with some tree hound or even **** hound depending on height.. Crosses can look a lot like breeds they are not so its impossible to know 100%..

I would just call him a mutt or shelter dog.. Avoid political crossfire and no need to group your dog with other breeds when you have no idea what he is..

Beagle is laughable.
Thanks.

I could see.

+

+

Could =

;)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I'd possibly keep Brittanys in mind too. Granted they are a slender longer coated breed but if mixed with something with short fur on the thicker side it could very well drown out that breed trait. The face and ears just remind me of them.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I see lab mix, hard to tell really though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd possibly keep Brittanys in mind too. Granted they are a slender longer coated breed but if mixed with something with short fur on the thicker side it could very well drown out that breed trait. The face and ears just remind me of them.
Thanks on two fronts. Good choice, and if you google search images Brittanys you get the weirdest selection of pictures you've ever seen. :angeldevi

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Brittanys are a rarer breed than the average person would have though. I think when you're trying to make a best guess on the breed of a shelter dog, you have to keep in mind what the most common dogs in that area are. For my area, most shelter dogs are pit or lab mixes, if not pure-blooded looking ones.

I don't see **** or bloodhound in him at all. It looks like he has a shorter stature and I can't help but think that with a lab + hound mix, he'd get some lean lanky legs going on.

I can see the lab mix, though ... he's got to get that longer hair on his hind legs + tail from somewhere.

His coloring reminds me of my boy Kane:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all the posters. There's an awful of of pit/lab, pit/anything mixes in the shelters of Houston, and I know they like to call them anything but, as it turns some people off.

I'm just happy to have him waddle through to see me every morning, whatever he may be.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts