Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to ask a dumb question but was looking at a bunch of Pitbull puppies, most likely mix breed but kept seeing some would have blackish nose.but pink spot or spots.

I wasn't sure if this meant anything if it was a genetic flaw or defect or if it was common for puppies and the color fills out over time or does it stay like that forever.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some younger pups will fill in as they age. "Butterfly" noses aren't preferred but they do happen.
Thank you Ecko. I appreciate the feedback!

I hate to start another discussion thread, as I was searching older posts trying to find info but are there any tried and true preferred puppy toys for pits? Ones that maybe hold up a bit better? Was at a local pet store and could tell 99% of that stuff would get torn to shreds. I'm sure there posts in the past with this but I stink using the search function to find I do I need.

· Administrator
4,874 Posts
Thank you Ecko. I appreciate the feedback!

I hate to start another discussion thread, as I was searching older posts trying to find info but are there any tried and true preferred puppy toys for pits? Ones that maybe hold up a bit better? Was at a local pet store and could tell 99% of that stuff would get torn to shreds. I'm sure there posts in the past with this but I stink using the search function to find I do I need.
Bullymake has a subscription box that most of the toys survive well on. Black Kong toys and Nylabones stand a chance for survival as well. Jolly Balls are pretty popular. A Yak chew inside of a Jughead has withstood an AmStaff for quite sometime now. I bought one for a friends dog and he still has it several months later.

· Registered
125 Posts
I second the Nylabones. Get a nice variety.
Conner is major destructo, even the Bullymake toys. But, they are worth a try, especially if your dog doesn't eat toys, like Conner is prone to do.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@EckoMac @BZOO thanks for the advice! I normally and not a subscription box guy, I've tried it with many other things and always felt they were lacking but I will def look into the bullymake. I was going to order the puppy version of the Kong, I assumed the lighter one might be better for a puppy to start and then as I see how she is upgrade as necessary. I kept hearing about a Qwizl by west paw. I assume some kind of tug toy a ball and rope toy to redirect puppy nips and one of those sticks with the chaser at the end for outside.

I def do not know her true nature yet. She won't be with me for a other 2 weeks. Just wanna have 2 or 3 things to start and then see how things go and how she is and adjust but I appreciate the advice to get a head start

Any other things you might recommend for a pitty pup at the start that may be better quality or work better for them than an avg pup?

· Registered
125 Posts
There are some plush toys that may work. I think the brand is Tuffy and they have a "scale" of toughness. I have one "10" that has lasted, so far, but he doesn't play with that one a lot.
Please send pics when you get your pup.

· Registered
96 Posts
@EckoMac @BZOO thanks for the advice! I normally and not a subscription box guy, I've tried it with many other things and always felt they were lacking but I will def look into the bullymake. I was going to order the puppy version of the Kong, I assumed the lighter one might be better for a puppy to start and then as I see how she is upgrade as necessary. I kept hearing about a Qwizl by west paw. I assume some kind of tug toy a ball and rope toy to redirect puppy nips and one of those sticks with the chaser at the end for outside.

I def do not know her true nature yet. She won't be with me for a other 2 weeks. Just wanna have 2 or 3 things to start and then see how things go and how she is and adjust but I appreciate the advice to get a head start

Any other things you might recommend for a pitty pup at the start that may be better quality or work better for them than an avg pup?
I buy benebones and they are definitely a go-to. Kongs have held up well for me but the West Paws stuff hasn't. My boy rips chunks out of them easy peasy. As mentioned with the Tuffy stuff, they hold up better than other stuff toys but they get destroyed pretty fast too. There isn't a lot honestly that holds up to my dog. He LOVES his jolly balls but he'll tear a hole in the side of his eggs and rip chunks out of the rubber balls. The goal with him is to get longer out of toys, but thinking something will last more than a couple months is usually wishful thinking. But maybe that is just me. My dog is a 60 lb shelter bully mix with a monster head if that provides any perspective. He is a large muzzle compared to a pitbull but a strong, muscly jaw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts