Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
to awnser your question blue nose isn't a real breed of pit bull. Blue is just a color, and in most cases the blue dogs are actually bullies not american pit bull terriers. does your friend have papers on his dog, or the pedigree at least. I'd like to see how the dog is bred.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Looks like a black dog with a black nose to me.. "Blue nose" is not a strain, bloodline or breed its just a color.. And if i see the picture accurately, theres no "blue nose" anything about him.. Its a pretty simple concept..

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
The dog is a black dog with a black nose....

This is blue... Blue is nothing more than color, nothing to do with breed or pureness of any kind. No different than people having blond or black hair.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
but can a blue nose like that be breeded by a "red"nose. not likely right? "red"nose arent known to come out blue. but their color has nothin to do with their strain?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
rednose is NOT a strain. Its a color as well. A dog is only rednose if its nose is red , blue if its blue, balck if its black , brindle ect ect . JUST A COLOR :) If people bred a rednose and a blue nose together there is no guarantee the pups would be either, could all turn out brindle.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Breeding has to do with a dogs genetics. As Angel said color is not a strain, it is nothing of importance. Any color can be bred to any other color... Their litter would depended on what the dog genetically carried.

What does it matter about breeding anyway??

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
im just gona go ahead and take a stab ub the dark here from the avatar pic of yours looks like you have a red dog you are calling a red nose again not a strain its a color we cannot make it any simpler and i hope im not coming offf as rude not my intent. but if you are thinking of breeding this dog to yours don't do it. what would your ultimate goal be with the said offspring are you going to try and add to the breed of dogs we love or are you trying to just see what would come from it? and to awnser your question in the simplest form if the dog has a talliwacker and a set of balls then ya they can breed if the bitch is in heat. you wouldn't know the color to expect tho from the offspring. unless you have some clear goals with breeding any breed of dog i wuldnt recommend it a lot goes into it do a search on here and read some threads there is one i thnk so ou want to breed your dog. read it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ooh ok i pretty much understand now thanx for ur patience.lol. So far I only heard of gottiline, bully, razor edge and american bloodlines, is that about it or is there too much to count?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not trying to breed. at least not yet.

im just gona go ahead and take a stab ub the dark here from the avatar pic of yours looks like you have a red dog you are calling a red nose again not a strain its a color we cannot make it any simpler and i hope im not coming offf as rude not my intent. but if you are thinking of breeding this dog to yours don't do it. what would your ultimate goal be with the said offspring are you going to try and add to the breed of dogs we love or are you trying to just see what would come from it? and to awnser your question in the simplest form if the dog has a talliwacker and a set of balls then ya they can breed if the bitch is in heat. you wouldn't know the color to expect tho from the offspring. unless you have some clear goals with breeding any breed of dog i wuldnt recommend it a lot goes into it do a search on here and read some threads there is one i thnk so ou want to breed your dog. read it
i love pitbulls so much i just want to have a good understading of them. not cause i want to breed them or see want cool colors come out the litter. jus curious. thanx for your feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Ooh ok i pretty much understand now thanx for ur patience.lol. So far I only heard of gottiline, bully, razor edge and american bloodlines, is that about it or is there too much to count?
Gottiline and Razor's Edge are American Bully lines. Have a poke around in the Bullies 101 section. There are some very good threads in there about the American Bully and its origins.

The American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) is a separate breed of dog with its own bloodlines.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
there are TONS of bloodlines Gotti and razors edge are typically american bully lines unless you have some old school dogs . If you want to learn about bloodlines take a look in bullys 101 for american bully lines and bloodline discussions for APBT lines. there is a ton of info and alot to soak up , you wont get through it all in a week its alot of reading and processing. Just keep reading old threads in here stuff will start to add up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
maybe I am speaking out of place here but it seems an endless battle , those if us trying to do positive things for this breed and those just trying to make a buck for the blue nose unicorn so how many others can end up on the street and do more damage for the breed than just about anything else.

im from california btw..... and i am happy to say my pitbull was born in PA

idk but this thread hit a nerve for me

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
maybe I am speaking out of place here but it seems an endless battle , those if us trying to do positive things for this breed and those just trying to make a buck for the blue nose unicorn so how many others can end up on the street and do more damage for the breed than just about anything else.

im from california btw..... and i am happy to say my pitbull was born in PA

idk but this thread hit a nerve for me
These kinds of questions are pretty common. With all the misinformation around the place it's not surprising.

I agree, sometimes it feels like you're swimming against the tide but part of trying to do positive things for the breed is to educate others. The OP now has access to information that could open up a whole new world for them. What they choose to do with it is up to them...

Reactions: dixieland

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I think its a very legit question and good on you for asking its the only way to learn is by asking. I see this on craigslist all the time people advertise red nose pups only to click the picture and its a blacknose dog lol, seems like its common sense but I guess it isnt. And itdoesnt help when people sell black nosed dogs as blue or red lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Before I joined this site I didn't know that people didn't know to just look at the dog's nose to see what color it is. Is the answer to this trendy question in a sticky? Recently I've had a friend and a neighbor show me their "red nosed" pit bull & bully....both pups looked like Smigg's pup Envy with slightly more white. And don't even mention Craigslist smh I've seen the rare (blue+red) Purple nosed pit bull puppy for sale on there with $800 rehoming fees

Back to the OP..as stated black nose, black ears, black tail, black back, black dog with no blue in sight. He may carry a blue gene but he is black

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
i think people get confused about nose color from the OFR dogs. bluenose is backyard breeder hype.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
All just colors. A blue nose can be bred by a rednose and the colors they will produce will depend on the dogs in the pedigree. Two rednose dogs will not produce blue. But a red and a blue, well, like I said, would depend on the dogs in the pedigree. The first dog in the thread is black, not blue. But yes, don't breed. Just don't. Is bad idea. ;)

·
Registered
816 Posts
its funny cuz the AAA guys that came to my house today to give me a jump start saw my dog and said , thats a red nose pitbull right?

i mean , .... its kind of like he woulda asked me ...thats a white pitbull with 2 chocolate spots ya?

think its funny

1 - 20 of 26 Posts