Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the forum own a Staffy bull , Amstaff , or a cross of the two .. if so I would love to see pictures . I am looking into them , I really like the look of the amstaff . And would like to learn some omore about them from real owners.,

Thank you ,
Samantha

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Well my pups parents are American Staffodshire terriers, but I didn't get his papers. I took him as a favor for a friend and it never interested me to try and track them down and get his papers. He was basically rescued and was a bad situation so there is no way to get them now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want to learn a little more about them .. maybe contact some breeders .. Not really 100% sure that I want to get into the breeds yet .

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I just want to learn a little more about them .. maybe contact some breeders .. Not really 100% sure that I want to get into the breeds yet .
I love mine :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love mine :)
Im sorry ames . I thought I answered your first post but looks like it idnt go through ,, I love your pup .. I think he is a very handsome boy and i fI was going to get a amstaff he would be the style I would go for .. its just so hard to find good people and breeders now a days .. I dont think ill ever find the show boy I really want .. =[

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Give me a few moments to upload my friend's UKC Am. Staff. She shows him, does weight pull, rally, and is going to be dipping her toes in obedience. His official title is: UWP URO1 Natl/Intl/UKC CH Cross's Home Run Hitter (or Jax). :)

He's only a year though, so keep in mind he's still got a bit of growing to do.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
oh its all good. I was just saying :) lol keep the faith! I am sure you will find one soon and I can't wait to see the pics of your friend k8!!

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Okay. These are recent pics as I was dog-sitting Jax for the past couple of days because my friend was out of town. For some perspective, Kane is ~50lbs, and Jax was a couple of inches shorter than him, but was a lot stockier.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he is a very handsome boyy almost exactly what I am looking for ..

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Give me a few moments to upload my friend's UKC Am. Staff. She shows him, does weight pull, rally, and is going to be dipping her toes in obedience. His official title is: UWP URO1 Natl/Intl/UKC CH Cross's Home Run Hitter (or Jax). :)

He's only a year though, so keep in mind he's still got a bit of growing to do.
You mean AKC Am Staff? UKC doesn't recognize the Am Staff.

To the OP Staffordshire Bull Terriers are smaller than both APBTs and Am Staffs. This is a friend of mine from Florida's AKC Staffy Bully Maddie @ 26 months.

Breed & stats.

• Staffordshire Bull Terrier
  • 26 months
  • 27.5lbs (breed standard for females 24-36lbs)
  • 13.75" tall

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
This is my female, SBT, Roxy.

And this is the big boy, Nitro.

Nitro is actually oversize for the standard at about 18.5" tall (standard for males was revised down to 16" in the '50s) and around 60lbs.

This is a shot of them together to show the size difference.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
This is my female, SBT, Roxy.

And this is the big boy, Nitro.

Nitro is actually oversize for the standard at about 18.5" tall (standard for males was revised down to 16" in the '50s) and around 60lbs.

This is a shot of them together to show the size difference.
Duh! I was trying to think of which member had a staffy bull.... OMG I'm so fired! Wow Nitro swamps Roxy! I didn't realize he was so much bigger than she is! Nitro is the same height as most standard bullies.... How old are they Scott?

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tia was and AmStaff, I really miss her, she had one of the sweetest personalities I've ever been around. She looked alot like Kane's friend's boy as far as build. Her pic is my profile pic.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I like the amstaff better , not only for looks but they seem to be alot more laid back then the staffy bull .. I dotn know if I am allowed to ask this but does anyone know any good amstaff or ukc american pitbull terrier style breeders?

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I could ask someone else I know as well. Just give me the word and I'll send her a message and ask for some kennels she'd recommend. She has a Amstaff

This is her dog

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I could ask someone else I know as well. Just give me the word and I'll send her a message and ask for some kennels she'd recommend. She has a Amstaff

This is her dog
ohh pleaaaase do =D

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
You mean AKC Am Staff? UKC doesn't recognize the Am Staff.
Arg, nice catch. He's actually a UKC APBT. I had a total brain-fart last night. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

But, to the OP, if that's the kind of build you're looking for, you might also want to check out UKC APBTs because they tend to have that stockier build like the Am. Staffs.

@ k8nkane - Your dog has an amazing coat :) Looks well looked after
I don't actually own one of the dogs in the pics -- the blue fawn APBT is not mine, he belongs to a friend. I own the brown and white dog.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts