Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BSL??? Is it usually a ban state wide or just in certain cities within a state? I live in Massachusetts about 7 minutes out of the city and there are no BSL issues in my particular area. However, in some other cities throughout the state of Massachusetts like in Boston there are certain restrictions and not an out right ban. How does that work?

Punish the Deed, not the Breed!

The Woof Report: BSL Coming to Massachusetts?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured......there was another shooting of a dog last night in New Bedford, Ma. The pit apparently jumped a dilapitated fence and attacked a small dog. Of course then they said the dog turned on the little dogs owner. They want to ban the breed in that city. Here is the whole story. Of course it is made out to sound like it was a horror show!
New Bedford police shoot and kill pit bull in South End attack | SouthCoastToday.com

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
its up to the individual cities and towns for the most part.. until the state makes a decision for the state... For instance APBTs are illegal in many parts of Kansas but not the state however the state is harsh on APBT owners and in Oklahoma where town after town was trying to adopt BSL they overturned it it the supreme court of Oklahoma no BSL (bull:poop: legislation) in that state ;) If the towns choose to do it anyway any citizen can take their case straight to the state :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.